Oregon add!

Hi guys, here again to talk to you and today i want to talk to you about the ads i made for and Oregon business. My class went to Oregon on a school trip and we each had to interview a business with the groups we were divided into. I was in a group with Kira, Jude, Thomas, and Ben. We interviewed Clarks Restaurant. It is a great place and the food there is spot on, I recommend it to anyone that loves burgers, or milkshakes, and even if you don’t i still think its a treat to try.

My draft one shows the Clarks restaurant with all the chairs stacked up because i thought it was a good photo and i wanted to incorporate it in my add somehow. It was rejected right away and my teacher told me that it doesn’t relate to the restaurant and doesn’t have a call to action. After getting that feedback i could actually see how the photo was not relevant so I agreed to change it. I also made a note that it was too dark and didn’t give the audience a great feeling because of that so i tried to get a brighter picture for draft 2

After draft one i decided to use the same photo in different lightings to try and see which one would be better for Clarks. As such i had to versions of draft 2 pictured to the left. I personally like the lighter one even though I think it looks to unnatural. The darker one kind of makes it look like someone died there and that’s not a vibe i want to give.

You can see above that my classmates seem to agree with me. For the class feedback i showed the darker one because i thought that that one would need critique and i wanted to see what my classmates thought. Their criticism was helpful in the sense that I knew that I shouldn’t use the darker ad.

For this draft i tried to fix up the lighter ad in draft 2 but i changed the photo. I think that this works better because you can read the writing a lot more than you could in draft 2.

Finally for this draft I changed the photo AGAIN. I tampered a little with the lighting to try to make it look better but I don’t know how well I like that. I think that if I might focus on the food more and put a picture of the food for the ad.

Be sure to leave a comment below and tell me which one you liked best!