Winter Exhibition 2022

Where to start?

Creating.

As soon as the teachers introduced this project I had many feelings, thoughts and ideas towards it. We were to create a box based off a theme from the movie Avatar, which later you had to present to the public giving an explanation along with it. Building the box was interesting, time-consuming and hurtful, I probably burned my hands with hot-glue more than a hundred times, but overall it was fun. I got to use new materials and tools to create something new but again it took up a lot of time. 

Exhibition.

The day of exhibition, one word chaotic. Every selected room had to be decorated according to its theme as well as you had to dress accordingly to your room. One issue I had is during this whole project there should have been more time for the decorating of the rooms to make them have more of a feel of their theme and that the audience feels more as if their going through the world of Avatar. Another thing is that most of our group didn’t meet each other until it was exhibition day so we didn’t get to talk to the grade 10s and 12s before that. One thing I did like though is all the different snacks and drinks every room had, such as on my break I got a variety coming from soda to jello to tea. Lots of different things. Overall it all worked out in the end and it was a fun and certainly memorable experience.