Over the past month or so, we have been working on this project, Becoming a PLP learner. Our goal was to answer this driving question, how can I build and strengthen the PLP learning team and to create a time capsule that holds all of this information.

For us to learn how we can build and strengthen the PLP learning team, we have to learn more about ourselves and how we work, which has brought us to one of my favourite things that we did in this project, The Big Life journal. The goal of The Big Life Journal was for us to learn more about ourselves, our goals, our mindsets, and our future dreams. The reason why I enjoyed doing this so much was because I thought it was super fun and interesting. The Big Life Journal helped me realize things about myself that I never would have even thought about before doing it. I would rate this milestone a 10/10 experience.

The image above is a page from the Big Life Journal.

Another thing that we made at the beginning of this project was our Memoji laptop. Obviously, as soon as I heard what we were doing I was so excited but I wasn’t totally sure what it was for. Our Memoji laptop was basically a Memoji of us on a laptop with a whole bunch of stickers on it to show our personalities and who we are. After making it and reflecting on it, to me, the Memoji was made to express ourselves and to show our interests and what we love. I would rate this milestone a 10/10 experience.

The image above is my Memoji laptop.

We also were introduced to something called a teamwork contract. One of the main things this project was focusing on was how do you work in a team. The point of the teamwork contract is for you to promise to your feature teammates how will you build and strengthen the PLP learning team. After a lot of thinking I chose 6 things that I promise to bring to our team, I wrote, creativity, leadership, organization, listening, multitasking, and problem solving. I would rate this a 10/10 experience.

The image above is my teamwork contract.

After gathering all of this information and projects, it was time to add it into our time capsule. Since we are in PLP, we are obviously going to create it on our iPad. We decided to make a keynote presentation and then we were going to present it in front of all the PLP parents. In my keynote, I included my Memoji, three pieces from my Big Life Journal, my teamwork contract and other things like a physical representation and artist statement, who am I, and my user manual. 

The video below is a guided tour of my keynote presentation.

Now it is time for the moment we’ve all been waiting for… presentation day. It started off as a normal Wednesday until we started moving tables around frantically try to make everything perfect, it turned out amazing in the end. At 5pm, parents started flooding in, we took them to the library so they could learn more about this project and how to critique which they did to our projects. When they came over to our tables we would explain our project while guiding them through our keynotes. I think it went really well and I am super proud of my presentation skills.

This is an image of me and my teammates during the presentation.

Once all our parents and other parents looked at our projects, they received a critique form to fill out for us. I received some really helpful critique and ill make sure to keep it in mind for the next upcoming projects.

This is one of the critique forms that I got from my parents.

From this entire project I learnt that I can build and strengthen the PLP learning team in many ways. For example, I am a strong leader, i am organized, i am creative and many other things i said during this post and in my keynote. I think the most important thing i can bring is myself. Everyone is different and everyone has different skills but no one can contribute them if they are not there. The most important thing is that you attend every project being excited and ready  to learn, then your skills will help the team.