Our project for Humanities this sector was all about European Colonization in Canada and America. It really focused on British and French settlers and explorers, along with the different wars.

Our first Keystone was on the travel of Europeans and why they did it. We talked about Gold, Glory, and God. Gold is the ressources they can gain, Glory is the fame of making amazing advancements in exploration, and God is for spreading Christianity to new lands. The big project we did for this Keystone is a Art Chart explaining a picture we were given. The picture I got was a battle between Champlain and the Iroquois. I answered the 5 W’s explaining the details about the photo.

Keystone#2 was like Keystone#1 with an Art Chart explaining a photo, but I had to redraw the photo I was given. It should be reinterpreted to show a different view and ideas in the photo. I made the European bolder, and the First Nations less savage because they weren’t barbarians. I have fires behind the European because they are destroying the land they travel on.

Keystone#3 is a video script for our final project, an AR video. It gives guidelines for the video and what it should focus on. I chose to compare the two different photos, the one I made, and the original one. It also explains my reasoning behind the changes and what it should have focused on originally.

Our final part of the project was a video that explained a photo we redrew and reinterpreted. Mine was originally focused on Europeans, but then I changed it to focus on the First Nations view on the event. The First Nations were very savage in the original photo so I changed that to a more civilized look. The fire was added in the back like I mentioned before. It shows the destruction of the land they went through, and how the land and First Nations were like fuel for them to spread.