7: That Radical Renaissance Post ⚙️

My triptych

Here are a few more things about this product:

I made my triptych with the help of SuperImposeX and a bit of Procreate. We were all tasked with using SuperImposeX, which is where I did all of the main editing. I used procreate to add text, combine the panels, and make minor tweaks. It was really fun to create my triptych, but personally, I just kinda don’t find the renaissance all that interesting. I didn’t love this project, but I understand the importance. Luckily I really think other people really enjoyed it, and I really think it was an important project. 👍

Thesis: Ideas from Europe and Asia changed the world by creating a domino effect in innovations, slowly creating life easier with convince, and even extending peoples lives and health.

> The renaissance was a very, very influential time for innovations and the future of humanity. The renaissance was between the 14th-17th century. There were tons of amazing things that happened during this time, and if it wasn’t for the renaissance, life wouldn’t be good- at all. (Right panel) nNew ideas in the Renaissance that changed the renaissance world by creating modern medicine, using lenses in creative ways, and creating/leaving a lasting impact on modern printing. I included myself saying something along the lines of “woo, that frog, dirt, and herb medicine isn’t working” because remedies like that were popular in the Middle Ages/Reniassase. I threw a telescope on the ground, because I couldn’t creatively work it into the drawing. On that tree, pole, thingy behind me, you see a piece of paper that says “Luther’s 95”, which is referring to Martin Luther’s 95 theses, a popular piece of work mass produced across Europe. I added it because it demonstrates how the printing press was popularized around this time, and how it was used very similarly to a modern-day office printer.

(Far left panel) Traditional ideas that people had before the renaissance include superstitions involving medicine, almost modern lenses, and creating painstaking copies of handwritten work. On the ground on my triptych, there is a piece of paper that reads “how to cure headache: 1.pat head 2. Rub belly 3. Hop on 1 foot”. This is to show how superstitious remedies were used before medicine was researched. I also tried to make the writing on it look handwritten, because printing presses didn’t exist, so everything had to be done by hand. I gave myself a monocle, to show how long glasses-*or lenses in general*- have lasted the test of time. The main focus of the panel, is that angry old guy saying “hurry up!” To show how printing presses- *or lack there of*- used to run.

(Center panel) Modern ideas have created extreme ease and convenience, with modern printers, simple medical masks, super smart phones, and common sunglasses. For my right panel, I essentially just took my far left panel, and exchanged the old stuff for new stuff. I have a modern medical mask, to show how easily accessible simple medical care is. My phone and the “missing dog” sign both demonstrate the printer-method, and how mail has evolved. I have a pair of sunglasses on, as an example of modern, more common lenses.

In conclusion, as you can see, the reniassance slowly but surely made life easier, safer, and healthier for the future generations. The reniassance could be on contention for one of the most influential time periods- ever.

> PAR: To explain the historical background for my triptych to the world! 🌎

• My first draft of my triptych