More Things Change Summative Blog Post

Hello there, and welcome back to my blog

Today I am going to be talking about the More Things Change project.

Here is my infographic, which I made with my partner Xander during this projects:

This is my review and process of creating the infographic.

I think that if I were to do it again I would be more concerned about the time limit for the video, as I had to speed everything in the video up because it took too long.

I think that the infographic looks pretty good, and I am proud of the final result, even though the video needs some changes.

The Curricular Competencies for this project are:

1) Identifying Continuity and Change: How are lives and conditions alike over time and how have they changed.

This means that I can characterize different time periods in history, including periods if progress and decline, and identifying key turning points that mark periods of change.

I think that I could have done more for this area of the Curricular Competencies, as I did not talk a lot about continuity and change in my infographic.

2) Establish Historical Significance: How do we make choices about what is worth remembering?

This means that I can asses the credibility of multiple sources and the adequacy of evidence used to justify conclusions.

I did ok with this part of the curricular competencies, as I mainly used the sources placed in basecamp by the teachers, but I did not really know if those sources were credible.

The steps that I took to make this infographic were:

Milestone 1:  For this Milestone we sat in a spot near the school and wrote what things we thought changed and stayed the same in this spot overtime.

Milestone 2:  For this Milestone we got into groups and assessed different subjects, like conflict and war in the time of New France.

Milestone 3:  For this Milestone we created the blueprint for our infographic with our partners.

Milestone 4:  For this Milestone we had our infographic critiqued by classmates.

Milestone 5:  For this milestone we put up our infographic, and I will put the photo here:

Thank you for visiting my blog and have a great day. Also if you want to check out the museum for yourself I will leave the link right here.

Emoji story

Hello there, and welcome back to my blog.

Today I will be making a story using a random emoji generator.

There is a link to it at the bottom if you want to try it yourself

🚰👬🚿🍯🚊🐫🐍😢🙃🐷🚠🎵😮👷‍♂️ 🌎 

🚰 Every day two friends, Bob and Joe would drink water 👬

Because of that they did not have enough water to shower 🚿 

Because of that they had to wash themselves with honey 🍯 

One day they went to go onto a train to go to the California🚊 

But because they washed themselves with honey they were not allowed onto the train

So they got onto a camel to go to California 🐫 

The camel had two humps so it fit two people

The two friends started heading to California on the camel, but Bob and the camel got bitten by a snake. 🐍 The snake ran off after biting Bob

Joe started crying because Bob and the camel had seemingly died 😢 

Because of that Joe got depression 🙃

Joe rode a pig 🐷 to California where he rode a gondola that played music 🚠 🎵 

At the top of the gondola Joe gasped 😮

Bob was working at the gondola 👷‍♂️

The two friends united and explored the world 🌎 

The End

I hope you liked my story. If you liked it go try it for yourself and I will leave the link here.

Thank you for visiting my blog and have a great day.

How to be a pessimist

What is the meaning of life?

A lot of people may try to have an optimistic point of view on this topic, but there really is no reason to do the things that we do. We learn to speak so that we can communicate with others, then we go to preschool to prepare for elementary school. We go to elementary school to prepare for high school, or for some people middle school, which prepares us for high school. Once you’re in high school you have to work extra hard to get into a good university to get a good job. Once you have a good job you work really hard to get enough money to survive and maybe feed your family if you have one. Every now and then you go on fun trips and if you work hard enough, maybe you can have a nice retirement. Once you are retired you can go explore the world, but you can’t experience the things you could’ve enjoyed when you were younger because your body is starting to break down and you’ve spent most of your life working your ass off. You’ve wasted your golden years, and you can’t do the things you planned to do your entire life. If you’re a optimist then you forget all of that and try to make the most of what you have left and look back on the best parts of your life. No matter what, chances are you die having never achieved your goals in life.

DI blog post

This is my Destination Imagination (or DI) blog post.

Today I am going to be talking about Destination Imagination.

I put my group’s video link at the bottom of this blog post.

This is my review and process of creating the video.

I think that if I were to do it again I would be more concerned about the time limit, as I had to speed everything in the video up because I took too long.

I think that the video looks pretty proud of the final result, even though I like the non sped up version more.

1) Responding to Text: Have I constructed an original personal, critical, and creative connection between myself, the text, and the world with supportive credible evidence?

This means that I can give an opinion and support it with reasonable evidence, and that I can create a meaningful connection between myself and the the text.

As I said earlier, I was too focused on how good the photo looked instead of focusing on how and what message I was giving, so the message and the aspect of worldview was not as visible in my art. I think that this is a competency that I could spend more work on.

This means that I can assess the significance of people, places, events or developments at particular times and places, including identifying what the creators of accounts, narratives, maps, or test, have determined is significant.

I did ok with this part of the curricular competencies, as the Vitruvian man helped greatly with understanding the human body at the time, and it also helped with medical advancements that saved lives, and that is why I used it as my art

3) Empowered Learner: How might I use technology to construct knowledge?

This means that I can use technology to appropriately and effectively to construct my knowledge.

I think that I did reasonably well with this part of the curricular competencies, as I am quite proud of how the section of the museum that I worked on turned out, and I also like how the photoshopped How it’s going art turned out.

The steps that I took to make this video were:

Milestone 1:  For this milestone we looked through the rule book and assessed the requirements for the video.

Milestone 2: for this Milestone we used the information from milestone one to define our team’s deliverables

Milestone 3:  For this milestone we decided on our separate roles and responsibilities. I got the editor and the Game Maker, which was kind of a second narrator

Milestone 4:  For this milestone we assessed our current progress, and we changed some things. We also started working on our Q and A video which I cannot show because blog44.ca won’t let me.

Milestone 5:  For this milestone we evaluated ourselves and made this blog post that you are reading right now.

Thank you for visiting my blog and have a great day. Also if you want to check out the video for yourself I will leave the link right here.

How it started/How it’s going blog post

This is how I solved the driving question for the How it started/How it’s going project.  The driving question for this project is: What can we learn from the past, and how does it matter to us today. I will write the answer to this at the bottom of my post.  For this project we had to take a piece of art that represented our aspect of worldview. There were seven aspects of worldview, and I was given knowledge. After we had our picture then we had to modify it to represent modern times, and also photoshop our face onto it. After we finished our art we made a exhibit and put it on display.

Here are all of my drafts.

Here is my How it started art.

Here is my How it’s going art.

Here is a section of the art display.

This is my review and process of creating the art and the display.

I think that if I were to do it again then I would focus more on making my worldview more obvious, as when I was making the modified version of the art I was too focused on how good the photoshop looked instead of the message that the art was sending.

I think that the display looks pretty cool, and I am somewhat proud of the final result.

The steps that I took to make this game were:

Milestone 1:  For this milestone we made our first versions of our how it started/how it’s going memes.

Milestone 2: for this milestone we made collages of important events that happened to us. The link to it is right here.

Milestone 3:  For this milestone we did a history test where we wrote about important historical events.

Milestone 4:  For this milestone we wrote a argument about our worldview aspect.

Milestone 5:  For this milestone we made a  exhibit to showcase our art, and if you want to check out the exhibit click here.

The answer to the driving question is: learning about our past helps us to get a better understanding of the world we live in.