Science- Ecosystems :D

driving question: In what ways have human beings impacted the delicate cycles within our local ecosystems and how can we lessen our impact?

This was potentially my favourite PLP project so far. We had a bunch of fun assignments and cool activities 😀

This is our first keystone, the Food Web

-For this assignment we chose a habitat like an ocean or swamp and researched the ecosystems there. Then we made these little food webs 😀

-If you press play each animal will say who they eat with the white arrows. The blue arrows represent a producer giving food to a consumer.

-I think I showed my understanding of the competencies in this assignment and that I did good. It was super fun and I tend to do better at things I enjoy 😀

Next is the Bioaccumulation/Biomagnification GIF

-The red dots represent micro plastics that become trapped in the stomachs of marine life D;

-If 1 micro plankton has 1 microplastic and a fish eats 100, the fish now has 100 microplastics, the seal eats the fish and its a bad time 🙁

-Again, this assignment was super fun and I really enjoyed it 😀

Right around here we did a laundry science where we put some cotton fabric in some microplasticey water and looked at it under a microscope. That was concerning but still very cool.

The last Keystone for this Project was these social Media posts (check out Luca’s blog, this assignment was for 5 and we each did half)

-My keystones were about Bioacumulation and the wolf cull.

-I think I did ok on this project and I could have improved some parts but still I enjoyed it.

As you may have guessed I enjoyed this project. I liked it because it was challenging in a fun way and not tedious (cough humanities) (jk)

cya soon 😀