Humanities- Nation X :D

Hi! (:

Before you read, some things: 1. I’m not sure if this blog post is the only one for this project or if its just for the simulation. 2. Below is a journal I wrote, that I imagine my character in the simulation would write.

Day 1

As a noble I got 5 dollars a day. Life is pretty great, I got good food and some good rights. Susan and I tried to spread the wealth as best as possible, but it was difficult because the royalty didn’t want to give up their precious wealth. In day 1 there wasn’t really a threat, so we did our normal things, tax collecting and things. I got a lemonade, it was super good although i think there was a bit too much sugar. There was one thing that bothered me though. Groups A & B thought they should be able to vote! preposterous! We are the only ones with enough education to vote. Will this persist? I dont know if I’m ready for a rebellion.

Day 2

Today I had a KitKat for breakfast. That shop really does deserve more, their products are very high quality. Finally here though, we are out of money. Now groups A and B are being taxed 1$ every day. (That’s their whole wage) Personally i think the clergy should pay for this, but I dont know if i could keep my head if I voice my opinions, so I’m staying off the radar for now.

Day 3

(our class skipped this one, so I’m not too sure about these things, I’m just taking this from the newspaper) Disease is spreading! A bunch of my freinds are cowering behind locked doors instead of budgeting for a cure. Our lower classes are in danger, and even though the king thinks they are dumb and worthless, they grow our food! I am working on a cure but I don’t know how much longer we can go. There are also rumours of another nation called nation Y. Is this the end?

Day 4

Chaos in the streets! Disease is spreading and nation Y is coming! A few of our own have joined them and I fear a revolution is coming. I know I shouldn’t, but I might run away. Running away sounds good and I do hate people. Maybe i can bring some with me though.

Day 5 (not part of the assignment)

Now this is the life. No societal responsibilities or anything like that. Just the wilderness ahead, and the people i trust. I dont know if this might lead to less technology/a lower general knowledge, but we are happy and i think this is the happy ending.

WOW this was really fun. I loved the simulation. I think Mr Harris had a vision for the simulation (like how it would play out) and I think our class sort of went off the rails a bit. (since we skipped day 3)

So this was sort of like a half blog post and we are gonna make another post for the other half of the project.

New edits:

^These are our newspapers, which we were given through each day of the assignment. On day 3 I used the newspaper to write my journal since we skipped it.