How it started, how its going

For this project the driving question was: what can we learn from the past and why does it matter today. My answer to the question from what I learned in the project is worldview of the people back then, important events and how they effect us today, and also different ways people made new things and discovered knowledge.

Milestones:

1. For this milestone we had to make a how it started/how its going meme of us in September vs us now, then we had to make a little 2d museum to put it in. Before we made the museum we took a look at the google arts and culture app and took a look at the museum’s you can walk around in. After getting an idea of what a museum should look like we made our own. Mine looks like this:

2. For this milestone we had to make a collage that represents our worldview then write a statement about it. I got photos that are of memorable events that stood out to me. After looking through that photos that I owned I finally created my collage. After everyone finished we put all of them into a book.

3. This milestone was different, it was a quiz about Medieval and Renaissance times that we had previously written some notes about. The quiz was less of a quiz that I thought it would be, we had to write a page about how a certain event from the medieval and Renaissance times is important and how it relates to us today. I didn’t do quite as good as I had hoped I would but I think I learned from my mistakes and think that I could do better if I tried it again.

4. We had to write an argument about why we thing an aspect of worldview is important and how it effects us and others. The aspect that was given to me was geography. I was not too happy with this aspect became I’m not a big traveller and don’t research much about other places so I didn’t really know where to start. I was then put into a group of people who also got the aspect of geography.

These are the links to their blogs:

Mateo

Landon

Julia

Teva

Xander

Cale

And together we wrote some statements about geography, then picked one of those statements to write about.

5. Milestone 5 was our actual meme. This time we had to take a pice of medieval or renaissance art that represents our aspect of worldview, then change it into how its going art.

6. Finally for milestone 6 we had to create a virtual museum using art-steps. We then added our art into the museum, and recorded our artist statement so that whenever someone goes to your painting they can hear it from you. Here is the link to the museum.

Competencies:

1/2. Responding to text and empowered learner. I showed these competencies best when doing my art collage and statement. Responding to text was from my statement because I wrote a page responding to my art collage. The page I wrote was a brief description of my collage. Empowered learner is from making the collage itself. I show this competency when making my collage and using apps like book creator keynote and a few others.

3. Establish historical significance: I showed this competency well in milestone 3 when we wrote the history test, because that was basically the question we had to answer. We had to find an event that was historically significant, the event that I chose was the creation of the Christian religion.

In the end I learned a lot about people’s lives back in medieval and renaissance times and how they were impacted by their way of life and other peoples worldview. I also learned some important skills like using editing apps and finding pictures that you want online. I think that it was a fun project but hope to have one with less history next time.

One Reply to “How it started, how its going”

1. Love seeing your collage. It really shows how you are! What do you think helped you understand your learning in this project the most?