Their vision is to inspire and equip participants to achieve anything they can imagine in life. They do that through their mission to engage participants in project-based challenges that are designed to build confidence and develop extraordinary creativity, critical thinking, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Fun learning: Explore STEM/STEAM concepts in a hands-on environment
- Creative problem solving: Learn how to think, not what to think
- Kid powered; team driven: Energize students to own all decisions, creations, and results
- Friendly competition: Motivate teams to reach for the stars, while also rooting for each other
- Global diversity: Encourage and celebrate differences in each other, and differences in ideas
- No Interference: We CAN make this happen.
Skills and knowledge may be taught, but solutions and ideas may not be provided by an outside source. Adult leaders allow learners to find the answers on their own while developing new skills and exploring areas of STEAM.
- Resource Awareness: We recognize the value of everything in our solution.
Learners use all of the resources available to them, including materials, strengths of team members, research, and experts. They learn to work within the constraints of a budget and within the requirements and guidelines of a Challenge.
- Clarifying Questions: We ask important, critical questions for clarity.
- Rapid Ideation and Implementation: We process and produce quickly and recognize that success can come from failure.
Adult leaders encourage learners to practice quick, creative, and critical thinking. Time constraints require fast idea generation, implementation, possible failure, and an immediate move to another possible solution for success.
- Authentic Self-Expression: We purposefully express who we are through our innovative solutions.
After more success and more learning, in the 2017/18 school year, we signed up to host the Lower Mainland Regional Tournament. Selfishly for our teams, that meant only taking all their projects to the provincials – not the regionals and the provincials! Also, it means that in one day, we have about 1000 people come through Seycove and see what an amazing school we have!