Frankenstuffy’s

Hi everyone,

2020 is almost over! It’s been a long tough year but we’ve got through it. We just finished our last project of the year. That also means this will be my last blog post of the year as school is out for the next 2 weeks. The project we just completed may have been the most unique project I have ever completed. It was called “The Rise of the Frankenstuffy’s.” Pretty much we cut up stuffy’s and then sewed various parts together to create so called Frankenstuffy’s. We then wrote story’s relating to the Industrial Revolution about them. 

The driving question was “How do Revolutions Transform the World. I came to an answer after 2 weeks of non stop work learning about this. “Revolutions transform the world through the change of a system to a more efficient form. This system spreads through both societies and industries. Thus causing a fundamental change in trade, power, and causing mass migration and immigration.” To sum that up it means that the invention of a more efficient form of creating an essential product will result in a large scale change of the world.

This project covered three subjects and five competencies. I think I did a very good job on all them. But the one I came the farthest on in the project was Creative Communicator. This is about using technology to communicate in an interesting or unique way. I went from having troubles with this competency in the previous project to extending on this project! I think I learned a lot from the last videos which I was able to transfer over to these videos. I also did a good job in designing texts. I built upon skills from my previous projects to improve my storytelling. This involved me spending many hours to plan and craft the stories. I don’t think I learned that much about comprehending texts. For my two social studies competencies I think I learned quite a bit. They were about historical significance and cause and consequence which I went over in the previous blog post. I learned a lot when analyzing different elements of the Industrial revolution. One thing which really stands out to me was when we analyzed the effects of the industrial revolution on Japan and China, it just really helped me build an understanding for the industrial revolutions causes and consequences world wide. 

From this project I learned many video skills along with working on my time management skills as we had a large work load. I think I learned the most from our various discussions about the industrial revolution. I can’t wait for 2021! More posts will come next year.

One thought on “Frankenstuffy’s

1. Hello I am Faith a grade 8 PLP learner and I think you did a great job on this blog post. I love your stuffy that you made. You might want to add more photos of the Process next time but I think it is great.
    Great job