Photojournalism

Hi guys it’s your boy Randy again, 

Today I’m going to reflect on a maker project that I just finished, it was about taking photos and making photo essays. Since we were all in quarantine, so my teacher have decided to make the driving question “How can we, as photojournalists, tell stories of our community during this period of physical distancing?” For this project we were asked to make a book that tells a story with some still images and some descriptions. For the first few weeks we were mainly launching and building knowledge, most milestones really helped me to answer the driving  question, especially milestone 2-when we had to interview some one from our community. I chose to interview my neighbor’s kid and there was a similarity between us, online classes, and that was when I decided what my topic was going to be. I realized that I had online math classes out side of school and I thought that would be a good topic, the class was supposed to be face to face but now its online. Some things have happened to this math class during quarantine so I decided to make a book about it.

I started shooting photos after I knew what my story was gonna be about, and after editing they all looked so amazing. So yeah, that was pretty much how I made my book, I also answered the question pretty well because apparently I told a story about my community with photos. Lastly, here is my book.

Book