This is the end blog post for our recently completed science/math project called “Mazer Tag”. “The driving question for this project was how are the side lengths of right angle triangles related to each other?.” The big idea in this project was “Light energy can be transferred as both a particle and a wave”. We used this law of reflection to show our right angle laser path at our PLP Star Wars exhibition. We were assessed by three curricular competencies, First Communicating and Representing: represent mathematical ideas in concrete, pictorial, and symbolic forms. The second was Applying and Innovating: Co-operatively design projects. The last is Questioning and Predicting: Demonstrate a sustained intellectual curiosity about a scientific problem of personal interest.

Communicating and Representing. In this competency I showed my knowledge of the Pythagorean Theorem by successfully measuring our laser triangle. We created an accurate poster for the exhibition room with a diagram of the laser path. 

Applying and Innovating. I showed the applying and innovating competency by having a good representation and aesthetically pleasing model and laser triangle. I worked on this project with Quinn and Dries. We all contribute to set up the laser path in the room.

Questioning and Predicting. I showed this competency by using class time efficiently to complete the project on time and having curiosity about the scientific topic of the laser triangle.