Who is the Greatest Canadian?

Hey guys, welcome back to my blog. Today’s post will be about our second project so far this year. For this project we had to make podcasts. At first I thought I would do it about dance, but I then realized I do most of my projects about dance and that I should choose something else. I decided to do mine about the great BC outdoors because I have grown up loving nature and always being outside. For this project we had to answer our driving question: Who is the Greatest Canadian?

The Canadian I decided to research was Tim Jones. Not many know Tim Jones but he has impacted many live, he was both a paramedic and apart of the North Shore Search and Rescue team. I chose Tim Jones because his job working with the NSSR team was out in nature on the mountains of BC.

~ my podcast ~

The most important thing I learned in this project was how to back up opinions with significance and research. The assignment that helped me the most with this was the significance chart that we looked at while researching our Canadian. It helped me understand how to identify if someone was significant or not.

The most enjoyable part of this project was our team time activity at the beginning of each class. Doing these team times really helped me get to know my class mates better, I realized that if we know each other better we can work on group projects better. I also really enjoyed learning about the Canadian constitution. I have always been interested in the American Constitution and the American revolution, especially watching Hamilton.

I found creating transcripts and scripts for my podcast episode very helpful because with the transcript I could write down not only what I say or what my interviewee says but I can also write down different sounds, different effects and tricks with garage band and so I was able to manage my episode better and effectively prove my Canadian was significant.

Now to answer the driving question. Who is the Greatest Canadian? I think that there isn’t just one great Canadian but in my opinion I think that Tim Jones has affected and inspired others to strive to be a great.

One thought on “Who is the Greatest Canadian?

1. You show some great evidence of your learning here Rhiann! I appreciate as well that you include some specific pieces of content and the competencies that you found interesting. Nice work!