T-POLs | Another Year Gone

Hey, hi, and hello. Welcome back to my blog where “not all those who wander are lost” (J.R.R Tolkien). This is an T-POL post, I haven’t done one in a while since we didn’t do them last year. The driving question for this years T-POLs is: why do you feel you are ready to advance to the next grade level?

Before I go in to answering this question I want to reflect back to my M-POL and the goal I set at the end of it. The goal that I set was to plan and manage my time more effectively and to create outlines for written assignments before writing them. Looking at my progress I feel that I have done well working towards this goal. I have tweaked my planner so that it not only incorporates my schedule but also any todo’s, homework, and if any assignments are due. I have also made sure to create detailed outlines before any blog posts. I find that writing these planners and outlines on paper rather than on my iPad allows for my brain to understand better. I could try to stick more o my planners but sometimes life is unexpected and one thing can change my whole schedule. my current planner only focuses on school day and my goal moving forward is to have a planner for everyday. I also hope to not just outline my blog posts but all my other written assignments.

• Old planner

Now back to T-POLs. To be able to answer this question I looked back on what I wanted to improve on this year. The main things I wanted to improve on were my creativity and writing skills. I feel that I improved a lot on my writing skills with our “Sounds of Poetry” project. With this project we worked on studying poetry and the concept behind some poems and song lyrics. I already have some poetry skills that I learned from the work I did at Sylvan. This project not only expanded my poetry knowledge but also my creative writing knowledge. The final product of this project was to choose 5 songs for a playlist that somehow represent us and then write about our connection to them. I was able to use my creative writing to tell the story of my connection to each song.

The projects where I felt showed my growth in creativity were our two exhibition projects. For both exhibitions this year we had to incorporate art, both contemporary and conceptual. With these projects I was able to expand my creativity in the form of art and gain further understanding of adding meaning and symbolizim to the pieces I create.

Now back to the driving question. Why do I feel I am ready to advance to the next grade level? I feel that with all the projects we did this year I have learned everything grade 11 has to offer and I’m ready for the challenges of grade 12. I have figured out my career path and I am ready to gain the skills I need through grade 12 to work towards my chosen career. I have learned many lessons this year and not just through PLP but through my other courses too, and I’m ready to apply these lessons to my learning next year.

Thank you for spending the time to read through such a long post. Make sure to stay tuned for more to come.

Peace✌️