My tPOL

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities.

This is a presentation to show that I am ready to move to the next grade level. The last presentation I did like this was my mpol which stand for mid year presentation of learning. In my mpol I talked about how I can sharpen my learning plan and start practicing good habits. Since then I have came to class on time and worked hard and revised my work. In the near future I am going to start coming in tutorial time more. I think it would have also really helped my DI team. We didn’t have maker in the second semester so Will be talking about Di instead.

Scimatics

The first class I am talking about is scimatics. 

The first question I’m going to be answering is what did I struggle with most and why. For me it’s the ultimate design challenge in scimatics. I struggled with it because we used an app called tinker cad, I got frustrated with it because whenever I tried to mix and move shapes around to make my final product it was very leggy and I had a thought time with that. What was my solution to this? I tried using my keyboard more and it was less laggy and I was able to work more efficiently.

What is the project I’m most proud of? I am most proud of my laser laws project. I thought it was a really good looking final product, and I enjoyed working on it. The goal of this project was to get lasers to create a shape. We did this by using mirrors to direct.

here’s the final product. It’s hard to see because we had to take the picture in the dark.

Humanities

The next class I’m going to be talking about is humanities 

So for humanities, what us the project I struggle most with. For me the project I struggled with most was the outsiders. My reason is I’m Not the fastest reader and the first half of the project was a book report on are iPads. I was able to push through this part of the project by reading extra when I was behind. I also found it hard to stay still for 1 minute, I got past that part of the project by practicing staying still at home. All that practice paid off because at the exhibition I was able to stay still longer then a minute, and I was able to remember all my lines and I had a good general knowledge of the book because I took time reading the book instead of rushing

Here’s the project I am most proud of, it’s called medium is the message and it’s the first project we did in humanities. The goal of this project was to make an add for a company in the community. My group got covert cafe and market. Are add probably ten drafts if not more. That’s one off the reasons I really enjoyed this project, because we learned trial and error. I also really liked how are final add turned out. My biggest highlights of this project, were going on a call with mr. Hepburn, our final add, interviewing, the owner off covert, making drafts, and learning different advertising techniques. My biggest take aways form this project are, a better understanding of media, learning the app Canva, and working with advertising techniques. In this project I think I showed accomplished because I finished the final product and revised all my drafts.

Destination imagination 

The next Im going to be talking about is destination imagination.

First of all my Di group was the improv group and are challenge was called festival frenzy. The goal of the challenge was to make a skit that includes a character with a goal and a fork in the road. We studied 8 festivals and drew one from a hat before the skit, that was are setting. Then we’d draw are main characters goal. Half way through the skit there’s in intermission where we draw a fork in the road. What did I struggle with the most? For me I struggled with the improv acting because I sucked at coming up with stuff on the spot. I also got big stage fright when presenting in front of people. I solved this problem by practicing acting alone also the dress rehearsals helped me. 

These are notes and ideas we did as a group for di skits. We each got sheets and put in ideas. This was very important for are group because we used these in rehearsal. 

What in Destination imagination am I the most proud of? I am most proud of me overcoming my stage fright and are group coming first place, and I also really like are skit. The reason I am really proud of coming first is at the start are group was not good at acting but at the end we worked really well together and had a lot of confidence. What do I think we could have done better is practice are Instant challenge more, because we didn’t do to good in are instant challenge.

Now my tPOL will sooner end so here’s why I think I’m ready to transition to the next grade level. I have learned and grown my skills like blogging, iPad skills, photography, drawing, group work, and problem solving. As well as most of the apps on my iPad. I have grown as an individual and I used to get mad when people gave me advice and feedback now I take it well. I also made good relationships with my piers and teachers. 

Thank you.