Full Steam Ahead

Hey everyone, welcome back to another blog post, this post is a reflection of a project in my humanities class we had a little while ago. The project was called full steam ahead, we learned about the Industrial Revolution and slam poetry.

The driving question for this project was, “how can slam poetry help us connect issues. Slam poetry has emotion and passion, it can be used to talk about are worlds problems, I see it as a more effective way to connect issues than just talk, when people see slam poetry with passion, frustration and any other emotions they become aware of these issues.

At the of this project we watched videos about the industrial Revolution so we could get a basic understanding. Are main focuses were causes and consequences. We talked about innovations and there consequences, these consequences could be good or bad. Next we had to learn what a slam poem is. What better way to start then listen to this poem by Shane coison. Click here

This poem showed us how to present and be passionate and confident. He got people to care, not by what he said, but by how he said it. The next part of this journey was writing a paragraph on the consequences of the Industrial Revolution, Mine was mainly focused on the impacts it had on the environment.

The next part of the project was focused on more stamp poems. We talked about effective poems and ineffective poems. After this we chooses a poem topic, mine was the environmental impact of the Industrial Revolution.

The next few days were writing my poem and practicing. I don’t have footage of me presenting it but I have the written copy. Here is the final product.

Thank you for reading.