Becoming a PLP learner

Hey! Welcome to my blog, in this post I’m going to talk about how I became a PLP Learner and what I think that means.

Being a PLP Learner means that you are part of a team, that you have a growth mindset, that you’re open to trying new things and that you are willing to learn! In the two months that I’ve been a PLP Learner I’ve learnt so much, things like learning how to use the ipad, learning how to collaborate in groups (back in Elementary School we did work in groups, but it was quite different) and you really have to pay attention. There’s a lot going on! 

The growth mindset is important in PLP. What I think this means is that you have to be open to learning and trying new things. You have to keep an open mind and try not to have ideas that are too fixed. Be prepared to change your mind, and you have to try and grow it.

In a recent project, we started with a Big Life Journal which helped us to talk about what some of our goals are in High School and PLP, I think this helped us stay positive and to help us keep an open mindset throughout this project. Another thing that we did at the start of PLP was to learn how to use LOTS of different apps and skills to help us make our Memojis. The Memojis are something that we made to represent us and try to show our personality to the rest of the PLP learning team. My Memoji shows that I like animals, sports, games and that I like to be creative!

My Memoji that I created

One of the other things we have to try and answer for Maker is “How can I build and strengthen PLP Learning?” I think I can help by being a strong learner with an open mindset, I’m creative, I work well in groups and I enjoy learning new things. I think those are the ways I can help!

This video right above was for the end of maker. Recently we had an exhibition to wrap up what we’ve done so far. This exhibition showed the main projects that we created throughout maker. We also made a keynote guided tour (which is the video above) showing what they all were, so I ended up voicing over it explaining everything on it and what they were from.

I’ve only been in PLP for two months now, and hope to keep on learning because I’ve already learnt so much so far. That was my reflection on how I became a PLP learner and what it means to me right now, and maybe it will change! But thanks for reading, see you in the next post bye! 🙂