Louis Riel blog post

Louis Riel is one of Canada’s most important historical figures, but how has peoples views on him changed overt time from a villain to a hero? As a final project for this year in humanities we worked on Louis Riel. The driving question is how Louis Riel’s portrayal has changed over time. Over this project Read More…

Metaphor Machine Winter Exhibition Blog Post

A Rube Goldberg is a complicated machine that achieves a simple task and I had to make one about the Irish revolution. This project started with the launch of nation X, a simulated society in a classroom with different classes that get paid differently and have different rights. In this project we learned about how Read More…

Loon lake

Loon lake is a place that can change your life. When me and the rest of PLP 9 went to loon lake for 4 nights we learned lots about ourselves and the people around  us. This was a surprise trip announced just a few weeks before we went and when it was first announced I Read More…

Take your kid to work day

On November 1st every grade 9 goes to one of their parents work for the day instead of going to school. When I took part in this activity I chose to go to my moms work. My mom is a lawyer who works for TransLink which manges the transportation system in Vancouver. TransLink has their Read More…

TPOL

Mr./Ms. (teacher’s name), this is my mother/father Susan/Matt Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for Read More…

Consequences of Colonization

In the past few weeks we have been working on a project about the colonization North America and the consequences of that. In this project we made an ar video, re interpreted drawings and sketch and tell charts. We got assigned a old European drawing which we changed to a different perspective to fit a Read More…

Science blog post

This science project we worked on 3 keystones. In the first keystone we worked on calculating mass volume and density as well as physical and chemical properties. We recorded our calculations of different everyday objects and wrote down qualitative and quantitative observations. for the second keystone we worked on gummy bear diffusion where my group Read More…

Mpol

Start thingy: Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for Read More…