Mpol

Start thingy: Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner

This was my first year in PLP and also my first mpol! I’m super excited to present all the super fun learning from drawing to learning about the outsiders book. I am pleased to present my midyear learning!

Growth in PLP: in PLP this year I’ve learned lots of things but the thing I’ve improved the most in is actually typing. While i still can’t type at crazy speeds, my typing went from terrible to average in the course of a few months. I now use more than one finger to type and don’t fall too much behind in projects. The other thing i improved in most is learning to fail and be ok with that. In PLP for most projects the teacher makes you re do it. At first i though i was doing a bad job but when the teachers talked about failing and why its actually ok and that the only way to learn is by failing, i realized that i could fail and be chill with it and after make a better version of my failed project.

Learn plan: in my learning plan i said that i wanted to improve in typing and spelling for humanities. As i mentioned earlier i have improved in typing dramatically. Unfortunately I haven’t improved in spelling much, because i use a iPad for my work it auto corrects all spelling mistakes for me. For maker i wanted to improve in photography which i did a bit with the making interesting images and get better at working in a group with people that I haven’t met before which i have gotten much better in because of the randomized seating groups in PLP.

Work I’ve done:

Renaissance: for our project about the renaissance we had to make a triptych about invocations in the Middle Ages. In my first panel of the triptych i put a musket a monocle and a clock, in the second i put a phone a video game and a doctor, in the third i put old glasses a sundial and a dagger. My renaissance project is my most recent project and is prolly the one I’m most proud of since i wrote a lot of words in a tight deadline.

Geek out: in this project we could chose a topic the we were interested in and wrote about it. This project was my favourite project in humanities and was one of the first major projects that i did in PLP.

Finding fun in drawings: this project had us making multiple drawings and putting them in a small book. This was a project from my maker class using the app book creator. We had to make a table of contents page, a about the author page and a page explaining each of the artworks.

Did my work meet the learning plan thing: my learning plan goal was to be a accomplished learner (b grade) and I achieved that.

Challenges: the two hardest projects I’ve done is this project and the renaissance project. I found this project hard because of the speech and worrying about not having anything to say. The renaissance project was hard because of the amount of writing. Im worse at writing than most people and im not good a getting writing ideas. The actual triptych was pretty easy for me, I finished the whole thing in about 2 hours at home. These projects were actually fun because they were so hard!