Goals, Goals, Goals🚍

Hello people, I have another blog post for you. This blog post is about a trip that I did with my class to a place called loon lake. We called this trip a learning advance because it was technically a retreat but you’re not supposed to retreat while learning your supposed to advance. The trip was 4 days long and very cold but it was still fun. Because this was a school trip we didn’t just get to do whatever we wanted, we still had to do work and learn. The main thing we had to accomplish while on this trip was making and achieving a goal. This goal was supposed to be something that challenges you but you could also achieve by the end of the trip. The goal I came up with was going out of my comfort zone and being more flexible. 

I didn’t just come up with that goal off the top of my head I had to do a bit of brainstorming first. The teacher gave everyone in the class a template to help us create and achieve our goals. The first thing I did was brainstorm a couple of goals that I thought I could achieve. The three goals I brainstormed were having more routines and plans, being more flexible and trying new things, and stepping out of my comfort zone in social situations. My final goal was a mix of being more flexible and stepping out of my comfort zone. After finding my goal I had to look into it in more detail and plan what I could do to achieve it. 

Throughout the trip, we did activities for fun but also for our goals. In each activity, I did I tried my best to use the opportunity to grow and step out of my comfort zone. An example of me making progress on my goal is when my group was doing high ropes someone had to go first so I volunteered. It wasn’t the heights of fear of falling that was out of my comfort zone (I love doing stuff like that) it was the idea of everyone watching me because I was the first to attempt the ropes. At the end of the roped course, I felt really good still a bit nervous but it was totally worth it. 

At the end of the trip, I reflected back on my goals and did a Self-assessment. I am really happy with how I progressed with my goal. I may have taken only small steps in other people’s eyes but those small steps have really helped and I have continued even after the trip to improve. I’m very proud of myself. 

After the trip unfortunately I got sick and could not go to school, that was annoying because it’s hard to get out of my comfort zone when I’m stuck in bed, but I did get to take some steps toward my goal the day I got back to school. Normally when I miss school I just go back and try to catch up without talking to anyone for help, but this time I did something different and it really helped. I went into school early to talk to my teachers and ask for help with catching up they were very friendly about my missing so many classes. Now I am on the path to catching up and I got to take steps toward achieving my goal. 

Thank you so much for reading about my loon lake adventure and how I achieved my goal, I hope you enjoyed it. Bye for now.