Christmas

Every christmas my family and I( grandfathers, grandmothers, aunts, uncles, and cousins) get together to have a Christmas party. This party consists of two dinners, one on Christmas Eve and one on Christmas Day. The first one on Christmas Eve is at my house. This is because we are really good at making appies and main courses that are part of a four course meal. Most of these courses are from Swiss or Slovakian traditional meals. At my cousins’ house we have the typical turkey dinner and a giant dessert.

Now, I am going to to explain how we feast at my house. The first thing we must do is prepares the food. My dad gets ready a soup called sauerkraut soup, which might sound too sour or gross in other words, but it is not. It is not sour at all because the way you make it you take all the sour stuff out of the soup and put spicy Italian sausages in it. The next big thing on our list is fish. We have lots of cool fish. Sometimes we have salmon which is my favourite. We also love snitchels. Every person in my family has been eating snitchels since they were children. At the end, our family always have some fondue or rocclete.

When the people come to my house they normally start to sit down and my dad or mom offers everyone some coffee  or tee. After they all sit down and talk. Me and my cousins go inside and play video games and watch Marvel or Star Wars movies. When we eat, we always start with the soup since it is always first. Then we eat the cake which is made by all of the family. Our family’s favourite type of cake is called tiramisu. After this we put the fondue in the middle of the table and eat it and after that we open half of our Christmas  presents.

Now, I am going to explain how we do it in my cousins’ house. We normally have the turkey or ham dinner. Our aunt makes the gravy according to what meat we are having but I enjoy the turkey dinner the most. Our aunt always makes very yummy brussel sprouts with bacon bits and cheese. We also get to have some really nice tater tots. After that we have dessert which is a pie with ice cream and lots of toppings like gummies and sprinkles.

Christmas is one of my favourite holidays and I am looking forward to all of it again this year!

By Samuel Klose