Without An H

“I would rather die of passion than of boredom”

1

Blogging Challenge day 6

Hey! Welcome back to my blog! Today’s post is about music, which I absolutely love. To kickstart the post, I made a playlist with some Broadway showtunes, some of my favourite types of music. These songs are mostly from well-known musicals and give you a good taste of what showtunes are like.

blogging vibes

I have a very broad music taste so I love many styles. Broadway, oldies, indie, pop, you name it. Today I’m going to tell you a bit about one of my favourite artists, Alanis Morissette.

Morissette is a Canadian-American singer/actor. She’s made many albums, the most notable being Jagged Little Pill, which was widely popular and known for the songs You Oughta Know, Ironic, Hand in my Pocket, All I Really Want and Head Over Feet. During Morissette’s teenage years and 20’s, she struggled with depression and various eating disorders. She later ran a marathon promoting awareness for eating disorders. Morissette continues to act and sing to this day. Jagged Little Pill now has a Broadway musical that has been hugely successful. 

Ironic by Alanis Morissette 

For the third portion of my post, I created a fairly easy Kahoot quiz about popular Broadway musicals. It’s pretty basic Broadway knowledge, though some questions may be a little trickier if you’re not a Broadway fan. To quote Wicked “it’s time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and leap,” Though it’s a pretty short quiz I hope you enjoy it!

Broadway quiz

That’s it for today, I hope you enjoyed the ramblings of a theatrekid who is trying to seem like she likes normal people music and failing miserably! Till next time, stay classy!

“Chaos is great! Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, darling.”

-Heathers

saraj • February 23, 2021

Comments

1. Dana P. March 7, 2021 - 12:09 am Reply

Hi,
    It was super cool learning more are Morissette! Also the Broadway quiz was great 🙂

-Dana