Without An H

“I would rather die of passion than of boredom”

Blogging Challenge-Day 9

I’ll bet you thought you’d seen the last of the blogging challenge (so did I, to be honest). But today we have another challenge, all about our favourite holidays. So welcome to day 9. Today we had to choose 2 of 4 prompts to write a post about. 

Prompt 1: Holiday poems

For this prompt, we had to write a poem about any holiday of our choosing. I love Halloween so I decided to write 3 haikus about it. Haikus are one of my favourite poetry styles to write but as they’re so short I decided to write 3.

Halloween haikus:

Halloween is great

Jack ‘O’ lanterns, candy corn

It’s spooky season

On one day a year

We all put on our costumes

And just scream a lot

Eat so much candy

Teens are unleashed and feral

Boomers disapprove 

Prompt 2: photo spark

This prompt was to think of an important holiday to you and your family and find a photo that represents it. For the holiday, I chose Christmas. We celebrate Christmas as the Finnish do and we have Finnish traditions. One of the traditional Finnish or Swedish decorations is a straw goat so I chose a picture of a couple that I found online. Here’s the Wikipedia page about them if you’re interested in learning more.

Well, that wraps up today’s post; I hope you enjoyed reading about my family’s traditions and my Halloween Haikus (Please don’t get mad that I said “Boomers”). Until next time, stay classy.

”If I could change the world, I’d make us have world peace. And also Halloween. Every. Single. Day”

-Mean Girls the musical

saraj • March 9, 2021