The Renaissance: A Change Engine

Have you ever heard off the Renaissance? The Renaissance was not only very important to society and how the government was founded, but it was also the age of inventing, making it very important for people to get new jobs with new inventions. It also consisted of the fall of a very large amount of the pope’s power. We also learned about connecting past with the now through researching about Renaissance, the rebirth in art, new economy, and politics during that part of history. We researched a lot not only about inventions during the Renaissance but also how religion had a big impact during the Renaissance period. We also did a ton of writing which I will get to later in this blog. The writing was just part of this project and as you can probably figure out that we also did something else, and yes we did, that something else is a Triptych, a Renaissance tryptic. 

“But writer, what is a tryptic and why did you do one?”, you may ask. Well, a Triptych is an art form that has three sections that are displayed together to tell a story. For this project, we have created a Renaissance triptych. For this, on either side of the triptych we added an item from the past and in the middle of it we put the newer version of this item. For example, in the middle of the triptych there could be an old car, then, parallel to it on the side section there would be a car that you would see around the streets today. For my triptych, I made it so that picture frames are matching with each of the items. But as a famous person once said a picture is worth a thousand words so here is my tryptic. 

We learned a lot about the Renaissance pushing the boundary’s of different artists, inventors, inventions, and other important historical event through the Renaissance. I specifically studied about the eyeglasses more then anything else, because personally, I think it is the most important not only during Renaissance, but of all time, leading up to CPU’s, phones, laptops, and most electronic devices you can think off. Another thing we did to help us expand on our knowledge of the Renaissance is writing a persistent paragraph of why we think a specific item, person, or event is the most important thing that happened during the Renaissance. As I already explained about, I wrote my paragraph about the eyeglasses. And, without further a due here is my paragraph:

– Did you know that without glasses over one billion people wouldn’t be able to see properly. Before the Renaissance, this was a real problem. Imagine living your life without being able to see five feet ahead of you. This is just one of my many reasons that the invention of eyeglasses is the most important milestone out of the four developments in the Renaissance. Glasses weren’t always glasses as we know them today. It took years upon years to get glasses right. In the end, it is vital that glasses were invented because without them we wouldn’t have many inventions, because many inventors might need glasses. So, not having glasses also means not having Microsoft, iPhone, and more because they wouldn’t be able to see in front of them. Glasses improve productivity and make it more safe for civilians on the road. Therefore, without this invention during the Renaissance many people around the world would be treated as less based of their impaired visual power. In conclusion, I think that glasses are incredibly important for the human race if only just for this one important reason that some people are not able to see well. This is why I think that eyeglasses are the most important invention during the Renaissance.   

Beside this amazing persuasive paragraph, I also made a very elaborate paragraph about the eyeglasses and its history, and this one is a real banger! Read below:

– Have you ever wondered who created the eyeglasses? Why? Where? When? I can answer those questions for you right now but wouldn’t it be more fun if I added a fun fact. Did you know that without this specific person over one billion people wouldn’t be able to see? To put that into perspective that means that one in every seven people need glasses. Not only this, but without glasses the world as you know it might be less evolved because that means that one billion people aren’t being as productive as they can because of their eyes. Most big inventors like Steve Jobs wore glasses and without him there might not be any iPhones or MacBooks or Apple in total. Before glasses where invented bad eyesight was seen as more of a disability than just an average daily problem to find your glasses. And that is why glasses where invented. In the Renaissance, it was time for inventing. If you were smart at almost anything, this was the time to shine. Many important milestones were reached like the printing press and more. For Salvino D’Armate, it was more than just an invention. It was a new hope because in 1285 he made eyeglasses. Although, you see people with glasses every day but when he first made them it was only a piece of glass and some wood, but then over the years of hard work human kind not only reflected glasses but they also made contact lenses in 1887, by Otto Wichterle and Adolf Gaston Eugen Fick. And now, after all that we have a significantly more productive society because of this amazing inventor. And that is who made the glasses. Now, you must be wondering where was this made. It was made in the famous country Italy which is also where some really good foods like pizza where made and perfected. So, there is where who and why the eyeglasses were made. 

This is only a small fraction of all the learning we did but it was still very interesting in my opinion. Anyways, thanks so much for reading and have a great rest of your day. See ya next time!