March 18-19, 2019
March 20-21, 2019
Our Creative Break camps feature hands-on workshops led by experienced professionals in VFX, Classical Animation, Acting, Makeup, Digital Design, Film Production, Writing and Sound Design. You will learn about B.C.’s booming creative economy, and discover how VFS’ unique one-year intensive education model can quickly launch you into a career in the industry.
- Makeup Design: Makeup for stage + Screen: from Trauma to Tattoos
- Writing: Creating a TV Series
- Acting: Audition, Cash, Shoot: Script to Screen in Two Days
- Sound Design: Intro to Protocols
- The Future of Motion Graphics – Design and Animate a Futuristic User Interface (FUI)
- Classical Animation
- Movie VFX
- Film Production: Cinematic Storytelling
- Film Production: Finishing the Story: Editing & Post Production
March 18-22, 2019
5 days / 35 hour course
Applications for the High School Student Spring Break Environmental Forensic Course is now open. This student outreach program is sponsored by the Association of Professional Engineers and Geo-Scientists (APEGBC).
If you are in grade 10, 11 or 12 who demonstrate an interest in science (chemistry, biology, mathematics, engineering) and/or law. Limited spots!!
If interested in this amazing opportunity, please see Ms. Parmar asap for more info and application!
Boathouse is looking for part-time sales associates for their Park Royal South location!
At Boathouse we believe that a job should be challenging and rewarding, but also fun!
When you join us you are joining a lifestyle. We are in the forefront of the Canadian retail scene in carrying the most popular lifestyle brands on the market today, as well as a dynamic, sought after, private line. Each season our buying team continually scour the globe for the most fashion forward trends in apparel and accessories.
At Boathouse your success is our success. If you are a sales-driven, enthusiastic, spirited individual who is looking for an opportunity in part-time sales, this is the place you want to be! We are growing across Canada!
We offer all our field team members:
- Competitive discounts on apparel, footwear and accessories
- Flexible scheduling
- A casual dressed work environment. What’s better than being comfortable at work?
- A milestone anniversary program to recognize longevity
- A fun, sales driven environment to work in!
We have the environment. We have the growth opportunity. We have the product and we have the lifestyle that everyone wants to be a part of – now all we need is you!
Please apply in store with your resume or email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include Park Royal in the subject line.
We are constantly welcoming new members to our team!
Visitor & Gallery Assistant
As a Visitor Experience work experience student, you will be working with a team of volunteers and staff to create the ultimate visitor experience for all of our guests. Creating connections between visitors and our animals, programs and amenities.
As a work experience student in the Gallery Interpreter position you will engage, amaze and inspire visitors and provide the opportunity for guests to have unique, personal experiences which foster a dedication to conserve aquatic life. Interpretation is the science and art of building connections between visitors and our world.
As a work experience student, you will aid in the facilitation and supervision of children in the AquaCamps Program. AquaCamps offers children a fun and educational experience of a lifetime. Our camps are filled with hands-on activities, animal observations, crafts and time to run around. Children learn about local and exotic animals, life cycles, food webs, adaptations, ecosystems and sustainability. As a work experience student, you will have an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with children aged 4-12 in an educational setting, work on your communication and leadership skills, develop a sense of teamwork and explore career options. Assist with the preparation, delivery and clean-up of winter AquaCamps program. Enhance participants’ experience through group activities using hands-on, interactive activity stations and props. Help supervise and lead small groups of children during play and gallery exploration time.
- For more information on AquaCamps, please visit https://vanaqua.org/camps
Students can visit: https://www.vanaqua.org/join/volunteer/work-experience to learn more and apply. Deadline is November 19th at noon.
We are hiring for Seasonal Positions
How about an amazing associate discount?
Working at Hudson’s Bay Park Royal may just be your dream job!
Who You Are:
- You are responsible for delivering strong, people oriented customer service
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can easily shift priorities as needed
- You are comfortable with physical work where standing will be required
- Your schedule is flexible enough that you are available for some evening and weekend shifts
Please come to a group interview at our store on Saturday November 10th at 11:00 am. Bring your resume to the General Office on the Second Floor.
(Must meet our minimum age requirement of 16)To reserve your spot please reply to email@example.com
We look forward to working with you!
We’re always looking for talented and driven students. We have various positions that include part-time, holiday support and formal internship positions (arranged through an accredited educational institution). These opportunities help you build a successful career while balancing your school life.
Merchandise support and maintenance during the holiday/peak period through:
- The ongoing maintenance of store merchandise to standards of Harry Rosen
- Folding, organizing, arranging, hanging, ticketing, and tagging
- Maintains visual appearance of the store to standard at all times
- Merchandise replenishment as required
The ideal candidate:
- Effective Communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- High level of initiative, urgency and attention to detail
- Effective collaboration skills/ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work during the holiday/peak periods (available 15-20 hours per week)
Located at Pacific Centre, 700 W Georgia St, Vancouver
Accepting resumes now: Kimmie Dang at firstname.lastname@example.org