Volunteering opportunities we have until March / Spring Break. FYI, you don’t have to commit to every week. Pick and choose what dates/times work for you and just let me know!
Volunteering With Children:
1. Children’s Pottery Classes, Volunteer Helper:
– Saturdays 9:30-10:30am
– Saturdays 10:30-11:30am
– Saturdays 11:30am-12:30pm
2. Kids Cooking Class, Volunteer Helper: Mondays after school 3:30-5:30
3. Daycare – Play with Kids: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays
9-11am or 3:30-5:30pm / 4-6pm
4. Daycare – Help prepare snacks for 3-5 year olds: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays
8am – 9am:
5. Birthday Party Assistant: Sunday, Jan 12th Veggie Sushi Party for 6 yr olds
3:30 – 5:30 in the Kitchen and Mary Hunter Hall
6. Birthday Party Assistant: Saturday, Jan 25th Pottery Party for 6 yr olds
1:00-3:00pm in the Pottery Studio
7. Sports Class Assistant for the following Saturday classes:
a) Soccer 3-5 Year Olds, Saturdays, 10-10:30am
b) Ball Sports 2-4 Year Olds, Saturdays, 10:35-11:05am
c) Soccer 3-5 Year Olds, Saturdays, 11:10-11:40am
d) Sports – All Sorts 3-5 Year Olds, Saturdays, 11:45am-12:15pm
e) Floor Hockey 3-5 Year Olds, Saturdays, 12:20-12:50pm
Volunteering With Pre-teens:
1. Volunteer with local youth in our School’s Out Program, Mondays and Tuesdays, 3pm – 5pm.
Parkgate Society has started a new after school program for Cove Cliff youth in grades 5-7. “School’s Out” will feature swimming at Ron Andrews, arts and crafts, sports, cooking, ice skating, laser tag, complimentary snacks and bus pass, and much more!
Volunteering With Older Adults:
1. Tuesdays or Thursdays between 10am-4pm: Help our seniors with dementia to do fun activities in My Parkgate BREAK
2. Wednesdays, between 11am-3pm: Help our seniors with dementia to do fun activities in My Parkgate Mini BREAK.
(Parkgate Society is starting a new one day a week dementia program to accommodate the people on the waiting list for My Parkgate Break. This mini program is a scaled-down version of our My Parkgate BREAK program and will feature lunch, social time, and brain/body fitness.)
3. Tuesdays, February 4, 18, March 3, 17, 11-2:30: Help a senior with their shopping. Parkgate Society is starting a new Access Bus to help isolated seniors get out and shop. Private bus transportation provided.
4. Various days: Volunteer drivers to help people without vehicles get to their Parkgate programs (through NSCR Better at Home)
Please see Ms. Bramley if there is anything you might be interested in. Some great opportunities here. Earn 4 extra credits by using this as Work Experience.