About this Event
- Are you unemployed and looking for full-time work?
- Are you15-30 years old(inclusive)?
- Are you legally entitled to work in BC?
- Do you live in the Vancouver, the Lower Mainland or the Fraser Valley?
If you answered Yes to the above questions, register for an Information Session today!
Now offered online, the YMCA’s Youth Employment Bootcamp program will help you build skills, strengths and abilities to find and maintain a job.
Participants spend four weeks attending and participating in online workshops that focus on a variety of employability and life skills, followed by individualized support from an Employment Coach to enter employment or a work experience placement. Our goal is to get you working, and we’ll be with you every step of the way!
Participants benefit from online training and work experience with local businesses. Yes, training is paid! In addition to accessing a variety of employment readiness and job maintenance workshops, participants also benefit from access to vocational training courses and ongoing support during and after the program.
We are now recruiting participants for 2021!
To participate in this program, youth must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- 15 to 30 years old at the start of the program
- Be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or a person on whom Conventional Refugee status has been confirmed
- Be living in Greater Vancouver or Fraser Valley region in BC, Canada
- Have a Social Insurance Number and be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Be unemployed and not in full-time schooling
- Be experiencing one or more barrier to gaining or maintaining employment
If you meet the above eligibility criteria, register with us today to join an online info session, where you’ll find out more about the program in detail.
Youth must attend an online information session prior to be accepted in to program. Participants will need access to a laptop/computer and internet in order to successfully participate in the program (if you have a barrier to accessing online technology, please call or email us via the contact details below).
If you have any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate to text or call us on:
Surrey Location: 604-218-3785
Vancouver Location: 604-506-3882
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– The YMCA Youth Employment Bootcamp team