Making Interesting Images

Driving question- How might I use a still image to create and communicate through technology?

For the past weeks our maker class has been working on our photography skills. The driving question was, how might I use a still image to create and communicate through technology. creating and taking these new images, I’ve learned a lot more of what actually makes these images capturing and creative. When we were creating these images some things i reminded myself were what angle and perspective this image will be taken at(would it be a birds eye view, and worms eye view, a close up, or a further away shot), what will the colour contrasts be, and if i needed to add a darker or lighter contrast. Photos can express different feelings and emotions just as a still photo.

1- The first skill i chose that i think is the most useful is the drawing tool. I think having the ability to draw and make the image really creative is a great way to express how that image may feel to you. Ive used it many times and i think it could really bring a perspective and a story out of an image in lots of different ways.

2-The second skill i thought was really useful was creating silhouettes. I think this tool is really useful if you want a basic shape of dark image. To create a silhouette you have to use an image that is darker than the backgrounds contrast.

3. For the last skill that i thought was really useful was the worms eye view and the birds eye view. From the perspective of a worm the image would be looking up and the birds eye view would be looking down. I thought this was a really useful skill somebody can use in a lot of different ways to take creative images.