For my final post in this series, I am ranking my top five live action movies that I saw in 2021. My ranking of 2021 animated movies is in a separate post. Spoiler warning for some of these movies (especially the last one).

#5: No Time to Die

This final instalment in the Daniel Craig James Bond series was a good continuation of the series. The characters were interesting, but the plot was a little bit confusing. I still enjoyed watching this movie, but I don’t think it compares to some of the other James Bond films. I rate this movie 7.8 out of ten.

#4: Free Guy

Free Guy was a great movie with good characters and fun humour. The idea of a NPC (non player character) in a video game figuring out that he’s real is unique and funny. All of the characters contribute to the story and move the plot along. I really enjoyed this movie, and it felt like it came to a satisfying conclusion. I rate this move 8.3 out of 10.

#3: Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

This was a good movie with an awesome start and some great action. The best friend and the guy from Iron Man 3 were out of place and didn’t seem to fit in with the otherwise compelling characters. This movie also had a very boring and forgettable CGI third act, but is otherwise a great movie. I give this movie 8.9 out of 10.

#2: The Suicide Squad

The Suicide Squad was a really funny movie with a clever story and non-stop action. All of the characters are really dark and messed up, yet compelling. It is fun to watch all of the characters interact with each other because of their crazy personality traits. This movie is really funny, and is the best thing DC has made in years. I think it deserves a 9.3 out of 10.

#1: Spider-man No Way Home

This movie is really great. It does a good job or reprising the roles of other spider-men and spider-man villains. The movie continues from the cliffhanger of the last movie before quickly transitioning into what makes this movie unique. They brought back most of the actors from previous Spider-Man movies and used them to move the plot along in a compelling way. The ending is sad and emotional, and I can’t wait for the next installation in the Spider-man series. I give this movie a 9.5 out of ten.

Thanks for reading, and check out my other posts in this series.