Recently in Humanities, we have been working on a project called The Renaissance: a Change Engine. The driving question was “What significant developments emerged from the past and how do they impact us today.” In this project we explored historical significance and applied that to certain aspects of The Renaissance. We created a paragraph on somebody or something that we thought was extremely significant from the renaissance. We also created a tryptic showing four historically significant people and developments.

In this project, we worked on improving our paragraph writing skills and learning more about the impact of the past, specifically during The Renaissance. A goal of ours was to learn how to identify important aspects from the past.

When we started the project, we learned about what happened in the years leading up to The Renaissance. We learned lot about historical significance and The Renaissance. After, we made short paragraphs on developments from The Renaissance. I wrote mine about the invention of clocks. We also created two charts that showed the significance of certain people and developments. I did one of mine on parachutes and the other on Leonardo Da Vinci, who I would later write my final paragraph on. 

In the later stages of the project, we created our final triptychs using the app SuperimposeX. A triptych is a three panelled picture. Ours had to show a combination of people and developments from The Renaissance and their impact on the present. This is my tryptic:

Along with the tryptic, we also created a final paragraph on any of the four people or developments from our tryptic. I made mine on Leonardo da Vinci. Click here to read.

This project has broadened my understanding of The Renaissance and has also taught me what historical significance is and how to determine it. I showed strength in the writing and design aspects of this project. In the future I can work on my ability to take feedback when revising things like my tryptic. To answer the driving question, many developments have emerged from the past such as parachutes and clocks. These developments make our lives safer or more convenient. Many crucial developments occurred during The Renaissance, and I am thankful that we have them in modern society.