Think you can do better🤔

Ah yes, finally the great project is about done. When the school first started, it was near the last election which ended around Monday, September 20, around a month ago, which gave my teacher the fancy idea to start this project “Think You Can Do Better?” The driving question of this project is: How Should We Govern Ourselves? Throughout this project, I have learnt that we should govern ourselves by having elective representatives that are accountable for their actions and that they must perform their duties according to the wishes they represent not for themselves or interest, like for example money. That way the citizens of that country are to have fundamental freedoms, free and fair elections, accountability and transparency from their leader.
Source

transparency (from democracy principles on YouTube)

At the start of the project everyone in my class did a quiz to figure out where we were on the political spectrum and which party might we agree to the most. (if you would like to take the quiz consider visiting this link!). Mine was in the upper left quadrant but it’s more centred, meaning I valued that citizens of our country to have fundamental freedoms and rights.

Another example to support my answer is the blog post I did which point out how human rights and equality is so important to us as Canadians and the Canadian government structure etc.

Later into the project, we were assigned group according to our political believes and views which later turned into our own little political parties. In my party, which was later named The Traditionalist Party of Canada (TPC), was our dearest, Indie; obviously the “best” listener, Quinn; our “world famous” hokey goalie, Nate; and finally, our “best” candidate, Logan! TPC offers one of the most efficient ways to solve current and past issues in Canada.

What make us unique?

after long amounts of deliberating we came up with some solid points that would get us rolling in the right direction. So our party is unique in the fact that we want to revert to our past, but only our economic past, the goal is to get our economy thriving like it was post war. We still recognize that the future is today so we want to move forward with equality, so that’s why we are economically right wing but at the same time socially progressive. Unlike other parties, us as the Traditionalist Party of Canada aren’t making the climate crisis our main concern, we of course acknowledge that it is a problem but we are convinced that our economy is in a worse situation at the moment.

What Makes Your Party Unique?

We plan to model our economy on the best parts of our past

We will utilize the natural resources we have to improve our economy

We will decrease the wealth gap by increasing taxes on the rich

We will create much more affordable living for everyone

We will create more high paying heavy industry jobs

We will create a stronger middle class

We will ban foreign buyers from Canadian Residential space

Why You Should Vote For Us

We know that the past few years have been a difficult time for everyone and our economy has taken a massive hit due to the pandemic and we need to revive it. When we talk about the Traditionalist Party of Canada we think of the future, and no not just a couple years from now but future generations down the line. Not only do we promise to sort our economy out the cost of living also has to change. We live in a beautiful country but as the years go on the pricing is getting ridiculous, our aim is to lower this cost by banning foreign buyers and only allowing Canadian residents to by property. If these points take your fancy then we are the party for you, the Traditionalist Party of Canada has a proper plan of action to help our country thrive economically.

I found it very interesting researching how much how much having a accountable and transparent leader could influence a country. It was also fascinating to learn about other democratic systems of voting such as proportional representation which may just be more of a equal voting system. In my first post for this project I reflected on the election and related it to a research topic of choice. I chose to research how human rights and equality is so important to us as Canadians. This project really taught me how many different ways one can run there government. It also made me aware how our current system of government often favours the rich and majorities. I never quite realized how minorities have such a hard time getting a say in government.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post please leave a comment and check out my other classmates post!

The End 😀