blue sky 2017

Blue sky is one of the most coveted projects of the year and it personally it is one of my favourites. This is the second year I have had experience doing Blue Sky projects and it is fun.  So this time around I was not alone, I partnered with my friend Adam and we built a desk of sorts. It is a desk to help students focus on their homework or the task at hand.  We researched things that were recommended to help improve focus like nice music (stereo/speakers), food and water (fridge), good lighting (LED & spot), timer to set short deadlines, foot exercise bands and a standing section amongst others.

So on June 15 we plp had our big exhibition night. We call this the blue sky exhibition. Adam and I brought in our desk with notes that explained the focus tools and features for the desk.  Adam and I were part of the teen group at the exhibition. This means that anyone that has a project that appeals to there demographic would. The demographics were babys, teens, pets and seniors. We had to carry the desk down the road to the school because it didn’t fit in the van but once it was there, the night went smoothly.  Adam and I shared making the desk and then talking and explaining it to everyone.  People were impressed at the quality of the desk and the little features that make a difference.

Overall I had a great time at the plp exhibition night and I am looking forward to the next one next year.