World War Einz

We are back at school and into the first Socials unit already. I am okay with it because I like learning about World War One. We have been learning all about it from the assassination of Franz Ferdinand to the increase in the production in arms. I will be telling you why I think the First World War started.

As a class we watched 3 videos that told us what happened in World War One week by week and I can tell you that there wasn’t a break in the action. I found that these videos were a great way to learn about the First World War. Overall I believe that there is no one reason that contributed to the start of the First World War but instead many different events that built up until a breaking point was reached and the “war to end all wars” started.

One of these many events was Germany beefing up their arms. Germany was very impressed by the navy fleet that Great Britain had and they wanted to make their own. They spent a lot of money to make a navy fleet that was better than Great Britain’s. As you would expect, this wasn’t welcomed by Great Britain. Back in the early 1900’s the increase in weapon technology was massive and there were new weapons being built everyday.

Another reason that World War One started was that there were really no good alliances between European countries. Countries were not really trusted by one another. Russia ended up sending troops into Serbia which is very close to Austria and it didn’t sit well with the Austrian government.

All of the European countries were on the verge of war and they were all trying to get on top of the hierarchy. They were all worried about losing their ranking and power within Europe.

As you can see I don’t believe that one act or reason amounted to World War One but many different events contributed to it. These are the reasons that I think World War One, “the war to end all wars” started. Below we were assigned to make a video to help tell the story of why we think World War One started. The idea behind the video is that Simon and I are in a truck driving along and I ask him why did World War One start? Then we start to tell a story on all the different reasons why World War One started. Enjoy. I will also be making some revisions to my video to make it even better. I will link draft one as well as draft two so you can watch it and see if what i did was better.