Writing: Why It’s Not As Bad As You Think

Image Source

A lot of people dislike writing and/or poetry, so for this post I will be telling you why writing isn’t as bad as you think. In this post, I will list 5 reasons why writing and poetry can be used for good and counter arguments to yours on why it’s bad.

1. Writing and/or poetry is a great outlet. Any ideas you have? Create something with writing or poetry! Want to organize scattered thoughts? Write them down! Want to tell people information? Write it and give it to people!
  2. Writing and poetry are great for entertainment. It helps distract people, whether they’re reading the finished product, or just writing it.
  3. It’s fun! Especially when creative writing, because you get to make up cool stories where there are literally no rules/laws, but even other types of writing can be fun, especially when you’re passionate about the topic.
  4. You can express yourself. Poetry and writing are yet another way to express who you are and your personality. When you do this, others can read it and have a better time understanding you and how you work.
  5. It’s really not as bad as you think, you just need to learn how to write about topics you like. For example, if your favourite animals are cats and you hate dogs, but you’re writing about dogs, then you’re quite likely to dislike writing about dogs. But, if you were writing about cats, you would probably enjoy it!

In conclusion, I believe that people don’t think writing is bad, they just don’t like writing about the topics they’re writing about. Because really, what’s not to like?

One thought on “Writing: Why It’s Not As Bad As You Think

1. Hey Susan!
    I love writing and poetry and I’m so glad that someone is addressing how fun writing can be. Next post maybe you could write about your opinions on writing and maybe show a few examples of your work. I love how you formatted this post it was super easy to read!
    -Sydney🙃 (This is my blog if you feel like checking it out: https://www.blog44.ca/sydneyh/)