Comic Cells? Cells in a Comic

Hello, welcome back to my blog! Today’s post will be about my latest Scimatics project: Comic cells! In this project, we made a comic about diseases and how they interact with cells. The driving question for this project was “How do cells and diseases interact?” Let’s get into it.

First off, let’s talk about the core competencies (yay?)

Questioning and Predicting: Demonstrate a sustained curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest

I definitely could have done better with this competency because I didn’t spend enough time in class working. I got distracted too easily and ended up having to do most of my comic at home. What I did do well in class was researching. I managed to research almost all the information in class.

Communication: Communicate ideas, findings, and solutions to problems using scientific language, representations, and digital technologies

I think I did really well on this competency because my comic communicated all the information needed pretty easily. I had over 10 science vocabulary words, and I explained everything pretty well.

Evaluating: demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of evidence

I think I did pretty well on this competency, but definitely not my best. I did show how the characters/cells interacted, and I did that well. What I didn’t do was talk about the symptoms.

Next off, let’s look at the milestones.

Milestone 1: 

As always, we started off with out mind map. Here’s mine: 

Milestone 2:

After we finished the mind map, we moved on to milestone 2, creating a wanted poster. Basically we had to create a wanted poster for our disease that we were doing. Here’s mine:

Milestone 3:

Milestone 3 was a Khan Academy test. I got 100%!

Milestone 4:

For this milestone, we created a storyboard for our comic.

Milestone 5:

Milestone 5 was our comic. To make our comic, we used the app Comic Life 3. Here’s my comic, I hope you enjoy reading it:

Bob & Bab

In the end, I think I did pretty well on this project. I hope you enjoyed reading my last grade 8 scimatics post.