I’m A PLP Learner!!!!!

Hey everyone! I’m here with another blog post. This one is for my first Maker project! It was super fun to learn more about our iPads and who we are as a PLP learner.

Our driving question for this project was ‘How can I build and strengthen the PLP learning team?’ We Launched this project by learning about why we’re learning this. So why did we learn it? We learned because it’s important for us to know what makes us unique learners so, we can grow and strengthen the PLP learning team. One of the other things we did during our Launch was learning about who we are. We showed our work by writing some “I Am” statements, here’s mine.

The next phase of our project path is the Building Knowledge phase. For this project our Building Knowledge phase included creating our Memoji laptop and stickers, creating our digital selfies, doing our Big Life Journal and learning how to set up our blog. I think that this building knowledge phase was where we best represented our Curricular Competency which was ‘using technology to construct knowledge appropriately, effectively, and personally’ because this phase was about using our iPads for good, not evil, and learning to not get distracted by them when a teacher is talking.

The third phase of our project was Develop and Critique! In this phase we learned how to critique the works of others in a kind helpful and specific way.  We also learned how to apply our interests and dreams to set goals and we set-up our Teamwork page.  I will link my page at the end of post if you want to check it out.  It’s also on the keynote presentation which will also be at the end of the post.

Our Keynote presentation that I just mentioned was a big part of our presentation which just happens to be the next phase of our project. I won’t tell you what’s in the presentation because that would spoil it, but what I can tell you is that when we were told that we were going to be presenting to all the PLP 8 parents I was terrified. I love performing in front of people but this was something new. I’d never presented something so personal as a project to people who actually took time out of their evenings to come see my project, usually when I present things it’s in front of a bunch of students who don’t want to be there. But I did it and I survived and it was super fun. I can’t wait to do it again.

Here’s the link to my team contract page: My Teamwork

Here’s my Keynote Guided Tour:

Here’s the critiques I received from the exhibition:

Thanks for reading -Sydney🙃