Cool Items From PJO!

Hi everyone so this is the third blog post in the little series thing that I’m doing. This one is about a drawing that I created because in class we were talking about copyright stuff. Because the topic I chose is kind of difficult to draw so I decided that I would kind of continue my last blog post in a way. 

I drew some important objects/things from the Percy Jackson series and I’ll tell you if they were used in the movie and books or just the book/movie. I promise that will talk about something other than Percy Jackson next post, hahaha. I’d also like to add a SPOILER WARNING for the Percy Jackson and the Olympian’s series and the Heroes of Olympus series. 

My Process 

• I started by opening the app ibisPaint X
  • Then I picked which brush i was going to use
  • Then I figured out which objects I should draw
  • Then I found a reference image for them so I could remember what they looked like
  • Then I drew

Objects and Their Significance

The objects I chose were; the trident symbol Poseidon uses to claim Percy in the first book, the Omega letter which is the symbol on the cover of the Heroes of Olympus books and Annabeth’s New York Yankee’s invisibility baseball cap. 

The Trident 🔱

The trident symbol is important because when Percy gets claimed he’s like, what the heck because everyone around him is like DUDE you’re one of the big three. Of course then everything goes wrong but, you’ll have to read the book if you want to know more. But, getting back on track Percy gets claimed then he talks to the oracle and some prophecy stuff happens so, the claiming is a very pivotal moment the books. 

In the movie Percy is not claimed with the trident symbol and he never talks to the oracle but still manages to go on a quest.

The Omega Letter/Symbol

The Omega symbol is important because, in Greek it signifies the end of something and in the Percy Jackson universe the Omega symbol is used in the Heroes of Olympus books and those kind of round up Percy’s story. The Heroes of Olympus books do not have a movie or tv series yet.

Annabeth’s Yankees Cap🧢

Annabeth’s Yankees cap was a gift to her by her mother Athena. It was very important to her and helped her, Percy and Grover out of a lot of sticky situations. But unfortunately it stopped working in the Mark of Athena (The third book in the Heroes of Olympus books) because Annabeth got into an argument with her mothers roman side Minerva.

Other Important Things

These are just some of the important items in the Percy Jackson universe some the other things are: Riptide (Percy’s sword that turns into a pen), the Argo 2 (the ship in which the seven use to defeat Gaia) and so much more.

Thanks for reading -Sydney🙃

2 thoughts on “Cool Items From PJO!”

1. Hey Sydney!!

I loved reading this and though I don’t really read that kinda stuff I thought it was really cool. I love how you drew out certain important objects in the books/movies. One thing I would change is maybe be a tiny bit more clear towards people that haven’t known about this stuff before and explain a little more about the story. But one more thing I love is that you listed different topics to explain each thing you talked about, if that makes any sense.

But overall is was really good, from Brooke

Btw my blog is https://www.blog44.ca/brooker/ if you’d like to check it out 🙂 bye bye