Fun With Photos (Student Blogging Challenge)

Hello, welcome to my Fun With Photos blog. This week we were assigned to make a photo of our own and show how it helped shape one of our worldview aspects. The reason we were challenged to take a picture of our own is that this blog is mostly about copyright rules and how we can’t just take a random photo off the internet and say it is ours. So we have to make it our own, in case you haven’t realized by now, our project in school right now is about our worldview. After putting in my heart and soul into blogging all of my work, I figure I would use this blog to tell you one of my worldview aspects. In case you’re wondering what world view is, this is the definition:

Worldview (noun): a collection of beliefs about life and the universe held by an individual or group; the lens through which the world is viewed by an individual or group; the overall perspective from which the world is interpreted

There are seven aspects of worldview: Society knowledge, economics, time, geography, beliefs and values. These aspects are what we judge the world by, which brings me to the element I’m talking about today. This also brings me to the picture I chose:

This picture represents my beliefs aspect of worldview. With this project, I’ve decided to use a photo of myself at the start of a mountain biking trail. It wasn’t that easy to make, and these are the steps I took to create it:

– I went mountain biking, and my dad took a photo of me at the trail

– After taking the image, I used a special filter on the photo

– After editing the video, I used an app called pencil sketch to get the pencil drawing effect.

Overall, this image shows an essential part of my worldview. Because I grew up in deep cove, I’m surrounded by forests and oceans and have grown a vast appreciation for them. This also has pushed my interests in the mystery and power of our forests and oceans. It also made my beliefs in physical education more clear, which is a topic I value greatly.