🌲Hello and welcome back to the forest of learning! Since the beginning of quarter 3, on top of our projects, we have been working on improving our growth mindset! Today I will show you my book/growth mindset journal and Growth mindset selfie that helps document the beginning of my mindset journey!🌲

So throughout the course of this mini-project we have been looking at two mindsets; fixed mindset, and growth mindset. Everyone has both a fixed and growth mindset about different aspects in your life, and that is totally ok!

here are a couple of statements that help differentiate both mindsets:

Everyone can improve their mindset! One word we learned to start growing our mindset with is “yet”. Using yet can improve your mindset immensely, so try it! Whenever you say “I can’t draw” to improve your mindset, say “I can’t draw, yet.”. Of course, using this word won’t solve all of your problems and automatically improve your mindset, but it sure does help, if you believe in it.  

One other important word we learned about was grit. Having grit is an important thing, now you may be wondering; What is grit? Well grit is defined as:

Grit is passion and perseverance for long-term and meaningful goals. It is the ability to persist in something you feel passionate about and persevere when you face obstacles. This kind of passion is not about intense emotions or infatuation.

Source

If you have grit, you stick through tough challenges. You try hard even if it gets rough, and you only grow from it. To help explain grit, here is a video of Timo the cat showing real grit!

So, now that you have an idea of mindset, time to introduce our journal. Throughout this 3rd quarter, we have been filling out a “growth mindset journal” where we put reflections, notes, and any other things about our mindset. We learned about mindset by watching videos, reading, and talking about mindset! I think that I have a growing mindset, I have a lot to improve, and I have a fixed mindset in many aspects of my life. Anyone can always grow and improve their mindset, no matter ho much you feel you have a growth or fixed mindset, everyone can improve! So, Without further a due, here is my Growth Mindset Journal!

After our journal was completed, it was time to start a new phase in the project; our growth mindset selfie! Our first task was to create a goal for yourself. This goal had to do with how you will improve your learning, and it’s personal to you of course. I decided that I wanted to create my goal about improving my concise writing. 

Here were my first three drafts:

After completing these, I realized I needed to actually add how it would be like in action, so I improved it! Here was my final goal:

“I will improve on my concise writing skills by using clear and straightforward language so I can become a more engaging writer.”

Next, we needed to take the selfie and add the goal into it to get the finished result: 

🌲This project was really interesting, I learned so much about mindset and how to improve it! I love how my journal and selfie turned out, and they were both super fun to make. I can only grow from here, and I will apply the knowledge I gained from this project to my future. I learned that I can overcome tough challenges and I can challenge myself and motivate myself to improve my mindset!🌲

As always, thank you for watching me grow in the forest of 

🌲learning🌲