I❤️Verona

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. Today we are doing the final reflection on the the project “I heart Verona”. This Romeo and Juliet based unit was something pretty demanding and different then the past few projects we have completed in PLP this year. The project was based if the driving question, “How can we present a live audio story that makes an audience appreciate the relevance of Shakespeare?” Let us now dive into the learning and understanding of the driving question, competencies and the subject matter. 

The driving question initially raised many questions among the class. What do you mean by live audio story? Who is the audience? And, Shakespeare isn’t still relevant right? These were all questions that would be answered later except for the last question. Off the bat it was argued that our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them. Using this logic you can soundly say the Shakespeare will not die fully in the next couple of centuries. Bringing the topic back to the driving question I would like to shed some more light on the idea of the driving question and how I ended up answering it. As soon as the project got rolling the driving question started to make even more sense. We found out why Shakespeare is relevant, we found out mostly what type of live audio play we were doing and we found out our audience. The one thing left unanswered was how were we going to make Shakespeare relevant? Making Shakespeare relevant was the hardest part of the question for me to answer. As a class we had to work to the last day to make sure there was a relevant connection from old Shakespeare to modern day. I think we did this quite well.

This project as all other PLP projects has had competencies. This specific project had exactly three competencies, English 10 (Analyzing Texts: Have I expressed an understanding of how texts use literary devices, context, and language to enhance both meaning and impact the reader?), maker 10 (Innovative Designer: How might I design a solution to a problem, process, or challenge?) and social studies 10 ( Take Historical Perspectives: How can we overcome our current concerns, beliefs, and values to understand those of people in the past?). I’m going to be talking about some time where I think that I used the competencies well and one time where I could have used the competencies better.

One time where I used both the English 10, maker 10 and social studies 10 competencies well was on milestone 4, what makes an adaptation. The task for this milestone was to create a co-hosted podcast episode talking about what makes an adaptation. Using the English 10 competency I was able to create a well structured but vague enough script to have a well structured but free flowing conversation. I used the socials 10 competency to find and take well structured notes. I used the maker 10 competency to design a well made podcast episode to achieve a good grade off the bat. Here is a link to my podcast episode.

One time where I should have or could have used the competency better was on milestone 2. I think that with task I could have used both the English 10 and maker 10 competencies even better. I think that If I paid more attention to the maker competency I would have ended up with a better edited podcast episode. If I also paid more attention to the English 10 competency I would have completed the podcast planner faster and more in line with the competencies.

This project was very fun and interesting with many highs and lows. We had last minute revisions, intense setting ups and many recasts of actors. In the end it worked out in an pretty good final showing of our live audio play. In the end I think that I had a pretty interesting experience in this project. 

Well that’s all I have to say about this project. I think that it was fun hard and interesting. Thank you very much for reading this post and have a very good day.

Leave a Reply

Skip to toolbar