Past, Future, Fantasy

Hello and welcome back to my blog. Today we are doing our second weekly blog post. This post will be a little different to future posts. In class we learned a bit about how Disney land California reflects the symbolizes the American condition and dream in the 1950s. The title of this blog post is what is written on the entrance to Disneyland and it symbolizes what Disneyland is about, getting out of the ordinary present and going into the past, future and fantasy which is all the people of the 50’s wanted to do.

Connecting the ideas of the past to present and then extending those ideas. Connecting Disney and Disneyland from the 50’s to my knowledge of today was harder than anticipated. The idea of light hearted endings in movies was really in after WW2 with children consuming more entertainment. Extending on this idea the idea of the perfect body and family was really shown in the movies so children would know the perfect standard. In challenging this idea we have evolved the idea of a perfect body.

thank you very much for reading this blog post and I’ll see you next time.