The third exhibition has come, and this one was quite different. First of all we were put into groups with the grade 9’s, and second of all we had time to look around for 15 minutes during the exhibition to see what everyone else has done. Well enough with intros, lets get to the meat and potato’s of this post.

The group consisted of me, my homies Dylan and jacko, Kira B, Frankie, gwenyth, Hannah and  Sydney. The grade 9s in our group were Dana, Fraser, Sepaus, Ben, Mickey, Ava and Ariane. Ewan was also in our group, and helped with the preparation, but couldn’t make it to the exhibition.

Our groups focus was on beyond the classroom. How can we deepen our learning by our experiences outdoors.

We decorated our room to have trees, and there were clouds on the roof with words that describe a PLP learned. They said things like “confident”, and “hard workers”. We had mountains behind our tableau’s, and a presentation thats being looped in the back, with photos from loon lake. Outside our room some people were running the rope ferry race, which was inspired by the rope ferry races that we had in loon lake. A video showcases a race is down below.

The one problem that we had in our exhibition was that we didn’t do a project to relate to the exhibition. The grade 10s where just presenting what they had done for a project, wheras we had to make the project in two weeks. We did have other projects that relate to beyond the classroom, like loon lake for example, which is what most of the room was based on. The slideshow, and presentations had mostly loon lake photos, with some from DI.

What was I doing?

Well, as I meantion earlier a lot of our room was based on loon lake, and I was also doing something about loon lake. A tableau. Me and Dylan did a tableau together, where I was using math skills, and Dylan was having a First Attempt In Learning (fail). I dont have a video, but I will show you a photo of us posing for a photo, and the script.

This photo has sepaus in it, who was acting in our tableau for a portion of the night. His skill that he would show was his photography skill, and he displayed it by taking photos of me and Dylan fighting.

This is the script

D Hello hello, this is a tableau. I am Dylan and this is my friend tom.

T hi

D as you can see We are in the middle of a bow battle right now, how did you show your learning Tom?

T i used the Pythagorean theorem to figure out how to hit Dylan.

D and in loon lake I had a fail by holding my bow wrong 

T ok lets get started  3 2 1 action 

Tableau starts 

————————————————-

T  a + b? Hmm I wonder what that equals?

D *holding bow upside down* uh oh I’m having a fail 

D + T a first attempt in learning !

T I know what it equals! a + b = c

D + T * freeze while pointing bows at each other *

This is a video of the rope ferry race that visitors could try👇

https://youtu.be/ZmGzaYJkwi4

This exhibition was one that I enjoyed mostly from the fun me and Dylan had presenting and the time that we had to see other peoples parts was nice as well. The addition of food this time definetly elevated the experience, and made it much more enjoyable.

Thanks for readingÂ