Why I Love Living in the 21st Century

It’s blogging time again.

image

So, let me tell you about what I did this summer. Or rather, one specific thing I did this summer.

So my mum, sister and I took a trip to Saltspring Island to stay at my aunt and uncle’s cabin on Cusheon Lake for a week. I’ve been over to the cabin on daytrips while visiting family, but we rarely stay overnight because of the lack of running water, and, more pressingly (for me), wifi.

image

Luckily, we were on a lake that we could swim in and get dishwater and cooking water from, and we were able to buy drinking water, so it wasn’t as bad as it could have been. As for the no-wifi front– there was a pretty major lack of cell service in the cabin, so it was hard to use data or email or even talk to my dad and other sister, but most of the coffee shops in town had wifi, so that also wasn’t as bad as it could have been.

Cusheon Lake

Cusheon Lake

While we were on Saltspring, we did a lot of walks and hikes, some shopping, some swimming, some coffee-drinking, and visited a lavender farm. I didn’t know that lavender farms existed, so that was a cool thing to learn. The farm sold lavender soaps, tea, hot chocolate powder, chocolate, oil, and lavender itself, among other things. The actual lavender fields were really beautiful. I think that’s the most purple I’ve ever seen in one place.

image

We also went to go check out a store called Monster Lab. The store sold hand made plush monsters, which were very cute, although I didn’t buy one.

image

We got to visit a cidery and do a cider tasting as well, although my mum was driving, and I can’t drink, so actually my sister did a cider tasting, and I drank a glass of juice. We did get to hear about the process of making cider, though, which was interesting.

image

All in all, I enjoyed my week in Saltspring, and I really appreciated the running water (and wifi!) when I got back.

Toodles.

1 Thought.