Herzog Reflection

Know: Content
  • Media production skills and storytelling for still images
  • Layout and design for graphics and images
Understand: Big Ideas
  • Complex tasks may require multiple tools and technologies.
Do: Curricular Competencies
  • Creative Communicator: How might I use technology to create and communicate?

In the Herzog learning group, the first media skill that I learned was to use Keynote and Shortcuts to create cool GIFs of myself and my friends. One of the neat effects I was able to show through GIFs was transforming myself from when I was young into present day Cam. This was able to communicate the changes in my features and show the aging process. The second media skill was the process of creating a silhouette. I found this quite complex because there were multiple small steps that would have really changed the photo if not completed. I made sure to remain focused so as to avoid missing any crucial steps. I paid close attention to the task and still managed to somehow transform my partner from image A into image B (a monkey-like silhouette that looks like it has an indented skull and a hair bun).

A

B

As I think about the Herzog activities, I think that my photography course in Grade 7 helped me get a head-start on the basics of photography including โ€œleading linesโ€ and the โ€œrule of thirdsโ€, so while I learned how to use some of the newer programs, some of the content was a review.

Overall, I really enjoyed this photo unit. It taught me a lot of techniques that I was previously unaware of. ย 10/10. Would recommend to a classroom near you.

Tectonic Chances Blog Post Reflection

I learned a lot during this project, and I can confidently say that I have improved my understanding of tectonic plates, major vocabulary such as โ€œsubductionโ€ and โ€œfaultsโ€, and the design process.

We didnโ€™t incorporate much into our game in terms of mathematics, but somethings that I would like to include next time are as follows:

1. I want to include more mathematical probability and terms into the game

2. I want to make the game shorter and easier to win so that you don’t have to take as much time to complete it.

These are my game rules. We had to rush this list because we were so busy working on the visuals of the game. I will keep in mind for the next project to do everything asked of me and fit all the criteria as best I can (lesson learned: time management important). I still think that the game rules turned out pretty well, even though we didnโ€™t include any probability into it.

I strengthened my understanding of the curricular competencies by going through the step-by-step process of creating a game and understanding all the elements that it takes to create the game in its entirety.

Becoming a PLP Learner Learning Portfolio

The PLP Exhibition. The thing weโ€™d been working up to for countless weeks. The time and place where we would show our learning throughout the project. Thatโ€™s exactly what Iโ€™m going to show you.

Exhibit A: The Big Life Journal. For this assignment, we were tasked with finishing the tasks within the big life journal and read through it in class, and at home. It took us a month or two to completely finish, and in my mind, that was a very fun month or two.

Exhibit B: The WordPack Image. This was one of the first activities that we did in semester one. This was by far one of the most fun activities in my book. We were told to brainstorm some of the things that represent us or are us. Then, we were supposed to put those words into the WordPack app and choose a symbol that represents us. This would become our WordPack image, which is the thing that I put into my Keynote as my โ€œone other choice.โ€

In conclusion, I am officially a PLP learner.

The Medium is the Message Summative Blog

• This was my first draft ad. I basically had no idea what I was doing when we first started the project back on September 13. This draft had way too much text on it and was very visually unappealing.
  • For this draft, I took away a lot of the text and gave it a Deep Cove background so that the ad would feel more local.
  • For this draft, I added Patriciaโ€™s name to the image. I also went down to Deep Cove and took some photos, which I put into the background of my ad.
  • In this version of the individual ad, I changed the colours so that they were complimentary, which made the ad pop. I also added a bit more text information, including contact info.
  • For my final draft, I fixed the typo in Patriciaโ€™s name and took out some of the extra contact info. I also cropped it so that there wasnโ€™t any extra white bits on the edges.

How does what we hear, read, and see influence us? This is the question that was asked to us in Humanities. To help us discover the answer to this question, the PLP teachers assigned us groups to work in together and gave us a business that we were required to make an ad for. As you can see above, this is the individual path that I took to create my ad.

The big idea of this project is:

– Building understanding of media andย messaging

– Understanding the influences on us when we think about what we hear, read, and see

– To bring that understanding to the driving question and be able to answer the question for ourselves to help us be better educated citizens!

This is the part where Iโ€™m supposed to share two pieces of evidence of my learning, and thatโ€™s exactly what I plan on doing.

Evidence #1: The group ad. We built this off of the individual ads. In our group, we based our ad off of Rubyโ€™s ad, which depicted Patricia Houlihan (our business) as a superhero. We made lots of drafts and put a lot of time and effort into this project. The final draft took a long time to perfect and I think it came a long way from the original. I think this is worthy of being a piece of my evidence of learning because it shows how I helped my team create this stunning final ad. ย It also shows how we improved through revision and reflection.

Evidence #2: The Design Principles Workbook. This was (in my mind) a large project, and I took a lot more time than I probably should have working on this. I acted like a perfectionist, making sure every detail was just right, when in reality, it never could. I think this is worthy of being considered evidence of my learning because it shows how I put lots of effort into this assignment.

Some of my strengths from these assignments were that I stayed social with my team and coordinated our efforts. The downside to this was that I distracted my teammates when we were working. Another strength of mine during these projects was that I was reliable. I made sure that we got the activities done on time. One thing that I still need to work on during homework is my time management. That brings me to my next stretch, I need to stop being distracted. I can be easily distracted by my peers and friends, and I need to focus on focusing. This brings me to Strength/Stretch #3: I am somewhat flexible. I am only human, so I am sometimes flexible when it comes to a change of plans, relocation, surprise assignments, and so on and so forth.

In conclusion, I think the answer to the driving question (above) is that it influences us by informing us on life, which then shapes our personality and gives us unique characteristics. For example, John Dewey was a psychologist, an American philosopher, and an educational reformer whose ideas were influential in social reform and education. People heard what he had to say and this influenced them to make change and act differently. That is my answer.

If you liked this blog, you might like my teammates blogs as well. Go check them out:

Makai

Keaton

Callum

Ruby

Frankie

Other Posts:

My Teamwork Contract

All About Me

The Great Cameroonian

Random Slideshow for School

AสŸสŸ Aส™แดแดœแด› Mแด‡

Mส ส€แด‡แด€สŸ ษดแด€แดแด‡ ษชs แด„แด€แดแด‡ส€แดษด ส™แดœแด› แดษด แด›สœษชs ส™สŸแดษข, I แด„แด€ษด สœแด€แด แด‡ า“แดœษด แด€ษดแด… แด„แด€สŸสŸ แดสsแด‡สŸา“ โ€œแด›สœแด‡ ษขส€แด‡แด€แด› แด„แด€แดแด‡ส€แดแดษดษชแด€ษด.โ€œ Iแด› ษชs แด€ ษดแด€แดแด‡ แด›สœแด€แด› I แด€แด„แด„ษชแด…แด‡ษดแด›แด€สŸสŸส ษขแด€แด แด‡ แดสsแด‡สŸา“. Mส ษดษชแด„แด‹ษดแด€แดแด‡ ษชs Cแด€แด.

๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ถ๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ๐š›๐š˜๐š˜๐š—๐š’๐šŠ๐š—

๐š†๐šŽ๐š•๐šŒ๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ณ๐š ๐šŽ๐š•๐š•๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ๐š›๐š˜๐š˜๐š—๐š’๐šŠ๐š—, ๐š–๐š˜๐š›๐šŽ ๐š๐šŠ๐š–๐š˜๐šž๐šœ๐š•๐šข ๐š”๐š—๐š˜๐š ๐š— ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š–.

๐™ท๐šŽ ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š— ๐š‹๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜๐šž๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐šŽ๐š™๐š๐š‘๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š’๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐š—๐šŽ๐š ๐š ๐šŠ๐š๐šŒ๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š๐šž๐š—๐š—๐šข ๐šˆ๐š˜๐šž๐š๐šž๐š‹๐šŽ ๐šŸ๐š’๐š๐šŽ๐š˜๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š‹๐š˜๐šž๐š ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š๐šœ.ย ๐™ท๐šŽ ๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š•๐šŠ๐šฃ๐šข ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐šŒ๐š›๐šŠ๐šฃ๐šข ๐šŒ๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š๐šž๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐šœ๐šž๐šŒ๐š‘ ๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐š˜๐šŒ๐š’๐š๐šข ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐šŠ๐š•๐š• ๐š˜๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ ๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š› ๐šŒ๐š•๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š› ๐š˜๐š ๐š‘๐š’๐š–.

๐™ท๐šŽ. ๐™ธ๐šœ. ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ๐š›๐š˜๐š˜๐š—๐š’๐šŠ๐š—.

๐š†๐šŽ ๐š–๐šž๐šœ๐š ๐š—๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š ๐šŽ๐š•๐š• ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š›๐šŽ.ย ๐™ถ๐š˜๐š˜๐š๐š‹๐šข๐šŽ.