Some Cool Thoughts

By Sabrina

Who Cares, Why Bother?

Politics, the one subject you don’t ask strangers about. Before this project, I didn’t know anything about the structure of the Canadian government and had little interest in the Canadian  government as a whole. I believe that this government change… Continue Reading →

How can we use a formal debate to convince an audience we’re right?

Introduction: This project made me really think about what it takes to be a good debater. I’ve always loved watching debates online no matter the topic. If it’s a good debate or argument, it will make me rethink a part… Continue Reading →

How did the development of the atomic bomb change the world?

Introduction: This post will be more short since this project has stolen all my energy and currently I’m still creating the book while writing this blog post. I think that I have a much rounder and circler understanding of the… Continue Reading →

Text to a grade 8

How can we use the power of written text to inspire the new PLP 8 learners? Introduction: How does one formulate a sentence? That is a good question which I attempted to answer during this project. In this project… Continue Reading →

Finances & Exhibition

How do I support my career life choices? Introduction: How do I support the career I go into, what a good question that I should probably figure out. This project was all about finances, how to invest, and how to… Continue Reading →

Why do you feel you are ready to advance to the next grade level?

Introduction: “Mr./Ms. (teacher’s name), this is my mother/father (say your parent’s name)”. “Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You… Continue Reading →

Lies and Incongruencies

How can art and text reflect both the history and our current place in time? Introduction: This humanities project was centred on learning about the relation between Canada and it’s history with Indigenous people. The final result of this project… Continue Reading →

Marketing YOU

How can I effectively market myself? Introduction: How does oneself makes oneself? This is the question I have been trying to ask myself grade 8. In grade 8 I tried desperately however, I met severe failure. Every time I handed… Continue Reading →

Save Juno Beach!

Why is it so important to preserve the Juno Beach Centre? Introduction: What defines something as historical significant and how do events in the past effect us today? That was one of the many question we had to answer in… Continue Reading →

How do Disney theme parks shape and influence the cultural, economic, psychological, and social experiences of visitors?

How do Disney theme parks shape and influence the cultural, economic, psychological, and social experiences of visitors? Introduction: Learning about Disney has given an insight on American culture and how amusement parks work. This project I found one of the… Continue Reading →

« Older posts

© 2024 Some Cool Thoughts — Powered by WordPress

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑