How do I support my career life choices?

Introduction:

How do I support the career I go into, what a good question that I should probably figure out. This project was all about finances, how to invest, and how to correctly use our money. I honestly do not remember very much of this project however, I will try my to write about what happened and reflect. I think this project made me think more on how to spend my money more wisely. Overall, I think this project showcase my new understanding of the different ways to profit from money. 

The Uber Game and the Gig Economy:The Uber Game taught why I should never be an Uber driver. This is mainly due to how terrible it seem to be an Uber driver. It’s long hours, little pay and bad work conditions. Also the fact that I wasn’t able to my mortgage at the end of the day.  I had a total of three tries at this game and failed them all. I would recommend playing due to it being a fun entertaining game and how it illustrates how tough it is to be an Uber driver. The Gig Economy even though has its positive doesn’t seem like a great source of pay and a career that I would be interested in anytime in the future. 

Stock Marketing Reflection:

In this part of the project we had to reflect on a stock simulation we participated in for around four weeks. I don’t think I really learned a great deal in this part except how stocks work and how to buy and sell stocks. I feel we didn’t really delve deep into how to get amazing stocks and the economical side of things in-terms of stocks. I also think that I did an alright job by doing some research into the top companies and investing a even small ratio of money for each of my stocks. Overall, I believe that I did a decent job at the stock market by not making a  great deal of money and not losing a ton of money. 

Money-ball and Reflection of Money-ball:

This part of the project focused on the money strategies used in the move Moneyball, Moneyball is a movie about this baseball coach who is trying to create a better team through math. I honestly wasn’t really paying attention to this movie which caused me to rematch it again but still confused of what’s going on. More over for the reflection we had to write about the movies financial strategies. I don’t think I wrote a very good reflection however, I was and still am very confused on how some the strategies fit to the movie so I don’t know how to relate it to the movie. 

Podcast Business Card:

For Exhibition, we had to create business card for our podcasts. This card did really take me a great deal of time and I’m happy that we are able to share our podcast in this format.         I tried to use a lot of more watercolour like for the front of the cards which made the card look very fancy in the end. However, if I were going to do this again, I would make the cover less cluttered and ask for more peer feedback. However, I’m overall happy with the final result and happy that I now have Podcast Business cards to share. 

Exhibition

Exhibition preparing:

We didn’t do very much on this step compared to other years. For our room we decided to create a office space and did not do much planning for this simple concept. However, one thing did go very wrong in this process. The one thing that we needed, the tables in our room, were not reserved. This event almost gave me a heart attack and I though that we were totally gonna die. However, we were able to keep the tables in the end which was good since the tables were at the center of our plan. Through the power friendship and teamwork we were able to get everything set up before people started to flood in. 

Exhibition:

At least for our room, the exhibition went well. It was really chill and I was very happy that I just got to sit down and explain the development of English to people. I met a few English enthusiast during the exhibition which made me very happy. I think I did a great job at explaining my podcast and how I have grown from creating this podcast. One thing I wish changed was that there was a history section of the exhibition since I found three people including myself that had a topic relating to history which would be great for its own exhibit. 

Overall, this project has helped me to support my career decisions. This through teaching my how to invest my money and my job options. Moreover, teaching me about different strategies to correctly spend my money. This project showed me how to use money and the exhibition showed me how to present my work.