A Story Through Time

Hi everyone! I have just finished my last humanities project in grade 8, and it was really fun! During this project we learning about New france, and what their daily life was like. The driving question for this project was, How can artifacts teach us…

TPOL

Welcome! This is my first ever, Transitional Presentation of Learning. This means I’m new at this, and it’s a first time experience! During this presentation I will talk about how I felt I have grown as a learner. I will give examples from projects that…

A road trip with math

Hi everyone!   This is my last Scimatics blog post for grade 8. This project was all about using a linear relations graph to track, in our case, how much money was spent. For this project we had to plan a road trip that cost…

ARGH MATEY!

We just finished a project that combined two subjects together! In this project we were learning about diseases and how they interact with the body, and about the age of exploration. The final product was a comic book about an explorer from the 1400’s –…

Capturing a Moment in Time

Wow, one of our first projects during physical distancing is finished! It has definitely been a learning experience. From the online classes to completing a project more independently. Our recent project was called, A Witness To History. This project was based photojournalism and capturing a…

DI online?!?

Yes, I have asked myself this question many times, how am I supposed to do destination imagination online? Well I am here to tell you it is possible! It may have been weird but we did it and it wasn’t half bad. Destination imagination provincials…

Its the Ultimate Design

Hey there, I have completed yet another project, its that time of year again, where all the projects are coming to a close. I have finished a project in scimatics, where we were designing an object with ten basic shapes. After we designed it we…

Tie DI

Regionals for destination imaginations have just ended, but were not done yet! Provincials are just around the corner, and we are revising all our work. Destination Imagination is a tournament that teams compete in. There are different categories that you can chose to compete in…

Its the end of my world

Hey guys, Recently I have finished a project that was all about the renaissance! During this project we were focusing a lot on our worldview and how it has changed from grade 7 to grade 8. Our topic was, Who or what has challenged your worldview…

It’s the Middle Ages!!

Guess what!? Its another blog post! I have finished up yet another project and its time to reflect. This time I have finished a Humanities project called, This Changes Everything- Middle Ages. In this project we were learning about how the Middle Ages compares to…