Tortoise Party of Canada

Two weeks ago I learned more about the Canadian government and how it functions. Learning about this helped me to start building my own view on how I think the government should work and what my political beliefs are, I wrote about some of it…

Legal Voting Age in Canada

Welcome back, we start off this school year with a federal election. This year Justin Trudeau called the election after only 2 years since the last election. This year’s election has been similar to the previous election, as we have a liberal minority government again….

WWI A Story

Hi everyone, welcome back to my blog! It feels like it has been a long time since I have posted, but I’ve just been really busy with our latest project, The Great War Exhibit. The end goal for this project was to present our artifact…

A Months Worth of Work

Well as you can tell by the title, it has been a month since we started this project. Its called, The case for a Nation, and we have made 6 videos! Each video had its own driving question, but we had one big one that…

Desmond has Come to Life

We made it! It is officially winter break, and we have finished our last project of 2020. This will be my second post on it, you can read the first here. The driving question for this project was, How do revolutions transform the world? Now that…

Rise Of The Frankenstuffies

We’re halfway through what we’ve been told is, one of PLP’s favourite project of all time. During this time we have learned about the Industrial Revolution and different writing styles. The driving question for this project was, How do revolutions transform the world? Similar to the…

We’re Storming the Barricades

We have just finished a project called storming the barricades. We learnt about the French and American Revolution, and how Crane Brintons theory can be applied to them. Along with each of these topics, we created a Rube Goldberg machine to represent these ideas using…

RUN! The Project is Due in 3 Days

Its been a while but we finally completed our first project. In only three days!   Our first project of grade 9 was called, Running a Remake. For this project our driving question was, How might we learn video skills by recreating a short film? As…

Spring exhibition

Welcome to my very last blog post of Grade 8!   This year has definitely brought on the most changes in my life. From starting High school, to doing all my work online and staying at home all day. Our final project was based on…

A Story Through Time

Hi everyone! I have just finished my last humanities project in grade 8, and it was really fun! During this project we learning about New france, and what their daily life was like. The driving question for this project was, How can artifacts teach us…