A Months Worth of Work

Well as you can tell by the title, it has been a month since we started this project. Its called, The case for a Nation, and we have made 6 videos! Each video had its own driving question, but we had one big one that…

Desmond has Come to Life

We made it! It is officially winter break, and we have finished our last project of 2020. This will be my second post on it, you can read the first here. The driving question for this project was, How do revolutions transform the world? Now that…

Rise Of The Frankenstuffies

We’re halfway through what we’ve been told is, one of PLP’s favourite project of all time. During this time we have learned about the Industrial Revolution and different writing styles. The driving question for this project was, How do revolutions transform the world? Similar to the…

We’re Storming the Barricades

We have just finished a project called storming the barricades. We learnt about the French and American Revolution, and how Crane Brintons theory can be applied to them. Along with each of these topics, we created a Rube Goldberg machine to represent these ideas using…

RUN! The Project is Due in 3 Days

Its been a while but we finally completed our first project. In only three days!   Our first project of grade 9 was called, Running a Remake. For this project our driving question was, How might we learn video skills by recreating a short film? As…

Spring exhibition

Welcome to my very last blog post of Grade 8!   This year has definitely brought on the most changes in my life. From starting High school, to doing all my work online and staying at home all day. Our final project was based on…

A Story Through Time

Hi everyone! I have just finished my last humanities project in grade 8, and it was really fun! During this project we learning about New france, and what their daily life was like. The driving question for this project was, How can artifacts teach us…

TPOL

Welcome! This is my first ever, Transitional Presentation of Learning. This means I’m new at this, and it’s a first time experience! During this presentation I will talk about how I felt I have grown as a learner. I will give examples from projects that…

A road trip with math

Hi everyone!   This is my last Scimatics blog post for grade 8. This project was all about using a linear relations graph to track, in our case, how much money was spent. For this project we had to plan a road trip that cost…

ARGH MATEY!

We just finished a project that combined two subjects together! In this project we were learning about diseases and how they interact with the body, and about the age of exploration. The final product was a comic book about an explorer from the 1400’s –…