Ideologies

An ideology is a system of ideas and ideals, especially one that forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy. Generally, an ideology is a word ending in “ism”, like communism. It’s hard to pin down an exact definition of one as there are many different kid s of ideologies. Generally, they are a belief system, ideas of a ruling class, a world view of a particular social class, and an action-oriented set of political ideas. Another explanation of what am ideology is are ideas that situate the individual within a social context and generate a sense of collective belonging, an abstract ams highly systematic set of political ideas.

In class we were given a lecture about the basic knowledge of ideologies, the different types in the world, which ones are most effective and popular, and how they can effect society. There are many different types of ideologies, most I had never heard of before. For example, globalization. Globalization is the process by which businesses or other organizations develop international influence or start operating on an international scale.

Many of these different ideologies are seen all over the world in today’s society. Some less than others. For example totalitarianism is seen in Saudi Arabia today. It is one of the only countries in the world that still follows this ideologies. 

Below I have put an image of all the notes I took in class when we first learned all about ideologies. This information really helped me with further work as we looked more into history and leaders of countries in world war 1 and 2.