THE DΛNIEL WAY

Common Sense Is Rule #1

One of our very first assignments in Science 9 was to comprise 3-5 videos, each focusing on one specific way to be safe during a science lab. This was obviously an assignment made to help us understand and prepare for future labs, but also to help us further our skills when it comes to making…

Continue Reading

2

I’m Gonna Need A New Bucket List

More of a vacation than anything, PLP’s latest “field study” was a good time, needless to say. In between the driving, and the constant exhaustion, were many experiences I really hope I remember for a long time. From escaping the ‘Locked Room’, to riding a boat in one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever…

Continue Reading

The Year In Review

This year was a fresh start, a new life for me to build and navigate, and can I just say, I think I did a damn good job. Starting off by scratching everything I knew about school, and focussing on a new way of learning, I instantly felt the difference. I remember walking to school…

Continue Reading

Exploring Exploration

This was one of the last units of the year, and it was a very short one. From the moment Ms. Willemse introduced it, we were set to spend roughly 2-3 weeks learning about the topic; exploration. Seeing as this was a short unit, we obviously didn’t cover everything in the world of exploration (haha)….

Continue Reading

Changing Is Always Awkward…

Fifteen hundred years ago the idea that God wasn’t real was insane. In the 1950’s the idea that someone could have a portable mobile phone capable with more storage than a fifty ton computer was simply out of question. Yet here we are in 2017 and not everyone’s life is dictated by God, and if…

Continue Reading

Yeezy For President

“My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” You either hate him or you love him. Though no one loves him more than he loves himself. Kanye West is a genius, and he couldn’t care less if you agree with that or not, because he knows…

Continue Reading

1

Turns Out The GPS Worked…

Going in to Destination Imagination provincials is like riding a new bike. You’ve already learnt how to do the activity, but you aren’t sure if you are going to be able to adjust to the new features. Neither Regionals nor Provincials went as originally planned. Having said that, I’m not totally sure if that’s a…

Continue Reading

A Poem A Day…

Whether you like it or not, poetry is a part of English. The fancy language, the clever use of literary devices, its all a part of developing your writing. Count yourself lucky, back in the day not only did people write like this, they spoke like it too! I’ve never disliked poetry, even the first…

Continue Reading

My Home And Native Land

If you’re not from Canada your answer to the following question will most likely be “Maple syrup, hockey, and igloos”, but for those of you who are, do me a favour. Ask yourself “What does Canada mean to me?” Freedom, nature, expensive housing? It’s different for almost everyone. When it comes down to it though,…

Continue Reading

A Destination Your GPS Won’t Find

Destination Imagination was quite the experience. It was the first big group project I have done in a while that really requires all team members to be in sync. I always get worried when I hear we are doing a group project. I like to always be the one in charge, this is why I…

Continue Reading

1 2